A recognized subject matter expert, the successful candidate will collaborate with other team members to identify and create a body of research and analysis on topics of most importance to our large clientele of healthcare provider IT leaders in various regions of the world. The selected candidate will advise Gartner clients on a wide variety of issues including technology strategy for achieving major healthcare objectives, architecture of solutions for those objectives, applications integrating clinical and business processes, and emerging innovations in related healthcare technologies.
Who you are:
• A professional with deep experience in a health systems care delivery processes including clinical, medical, and advanced analytics technologies that enable better health outcomes, deliver care more efficiently, and provide improved patient and clinician experiences.
• A leading industry advisor on how IT enables health systems achieve clinical and business objectives and create value in clinician/patient encounters, in care delivery processes, and how innovations in clinical and medical technologies transform care delivery.
• Deeply familiar with the drivers, challenges, processes, and technologies related to the engagement between healthcare constituents (network partners, departments, medical, hospital operations, etc) in delivering care to patients.
• Knowledgeable about major foundational technologies common to health systems and others entities contributing to the care delivery process.
• Familiar with the interactions between physicians, patients, health system operations, and major forces acting to transform care delivery.
• Ability to address management and political challenges within Healthcare and have strong technical knowledge and skills relative to native technologies and applications.
• Experience as a CIO, CMIO Enterprise Architect of a healthcare organization is a plus.
What you’ll do:
• Develop research and insights into initiatives to improve care delivery and what technology solution providers should be considered for those initiatives.
• Advise healthcare industry CIOs and other IT executives and their staffs in multiple time zones and countries, on how to solve healthcare issues at the intersection of business and IT.
• Develop research plans based on capturing client needs of today and the future.
• Prepare thought-leading, actionable written research, working in a peer review structure.
• Speak at Gartner or other conferences as a subject-matter expert.
• Assist in the promotion of Gartner research with the healthcare media as an increasingly- recognized “brand name”.
• Arrange and attend vendor briefings, vendor events, client meetings or exhibitions as required to further Gartner’s research position.
• Assist and collaborate other parts of Gartner when required such as for sales support; support to Gartner’s separate consulting division, and other research teams.
What you need:
• 10+ years experience in the Healthcare industry: Health systems, Healthcare technology provider.
• At least 5 years of relevant IT experience on strategic care delivery technology such as EHR, telemedicine or virtual care, advanced analytics, clinical decision support, advanced clinical data management, medical knowledge management, and/or care delivery operations.
• Excellent understanding of information technology in health systems, its architecture, and connecting the value of IT to healthcare objectives.
• Understanding of the major forces impacting healthcare and how technology can be applied to create value for the health outcomes, quality, cost, and patient experience.
• Understanding of the context of healthcare in different regions of the globe: North America, Europe, Singapore, Middle East, ANZ, Asia.
• Sophisticated analytical and strategic thinking skills: seeking out and piecing together fragments of information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data.
• Experience in the use and application of advanced analytics in healthcare.
• Excellent writing skills, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
• US locationpreferred due to client demand for this skill and servicing issues.
• Experience in role of CIO, CMIO, Clinical Informatics, or Clinical/Medical Innovation is a plus
Job ID 00019073