- This is a unique opportunity for a creative and dynamic individual to help shape the potential of information technology in Government.
- Our mission is to transform vendor business performance by creating the industry standard for research and advice on how companies grow through Industry strategies and go-to-market approaches. We provide Best Practice advice and business value Forecasting built by our Analysts. These Analysts are already answering the questions many innovators, entrepreneurs, and disruptors bring to bear on driving growth.
- If you are interested in leveraging your experience in Government Technologies and Services and you aspire to help build the go-to-market function for information technology leaders targeting the Government sector, this is the role for you.
- Qualitative and quantitative market research is required in order to create valuable research experiences online and in advisory discussions with clients, and having great people skills is crucial. This becomes especially relevant as you lead collaborative research to drive positive impact on the business performance of our clients. The right hire will play a key role not only within the Industries Team but will also extend leadership on best practices in the Public Sector.
- The position will be oriented to providing strategic advice to major roles within the vendor organization: Business Executives at the C-level such as Industry Practice Leaders and SMB CEOs.
- Develop and extend applied business model advice and frameworks
- Create materials for and delivers face-to-face and video based presentations and discussions with clients.
- Ensure integrity of our research and maintain Gartner independence
· Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred
- · 10 plus years’ experience
- · Experience within Government Technologies and Services a must.
- · This is a Research Director position for an extremely capable candidate. The candidate is required to understand the business model fundamentals of go-to-market strategies technology and service provider organizations.
- · Stellar writing and presentation skills are prerequisites for this position. The candidate must be a strategic thinker with solid market and technology expertise, able to efficiently multitask, and be able to deliver high quality targeted advice on time through a variety of media. The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to work in a self-motivated manner but within a collaborative team environment.
- · Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply
- · Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level
- · Beyond knowing the facts in the area of expertise, the individual must be good at analysis - seeking out and piecing together fragments of information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data.
Job ID 00020425