$200K — $250K *
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
IDC is seeking a Research Director with a strong understanding of the digital transformation taking place in the industry today. This requires familiarity with software markets along with knowledge of software development processes and techniques.
This position will focus on the transformation taking place in the industry, where end user organizations transition from software consumers (users) to increasingly becoming software producers and software distributors.
The position needs an individual who has a working understanding of software development and deployment, DevOps, software distribution, modern cloud application deployment, as well as application software products. However, this individual will also need to be able to lift discussions covering these topics up to a business value and business results discussion, focusing on metrics that cite metrics such as efficiency, revenue generation, competitiveness, differentiation, and competitive disruption.
The Research Director will lead the IDC Future of Digital Innovation program, focusing on the transformation taking place in the industry This position requires regular writing on industry trends, including insightful and provocative thought leadership covering trends, development of custom products for individual clients on a consulting basis, and broad collaboration across IDC.
• Grow the Future of Digital Innovation research program through thought leadership and business development
• Assure that the research requirements of the programs are met
• Support efforts by the IDC sales organization to help win new subscription contract
• Support client inquiry related to research reports and topics pertinent to research
• Coordinate the Future of Digital Innovation research across other related teams, which should be mutually beneficial to both parties across a wide variety of IDC discipline
• Work with IDC analysts in other regions; identify and engage on collaborative and mutually beneficial research effort
• Contribute research and thought leadership to consulting projects
• Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus; or equivalent experience
• 10+ years working in a related field or in research, with at several years of work in directly relevant coverage areas
• Able to communicate clearly and with value to C-level executives both at customer engagements and with industry players being evaluated
• Willingness/ability to travel to various events as required for presentations or engaging with customers (30-40%)
• Experience in understanding the research needs of clients
• Ability to collect industry trends, and present the larger transformation story
• Ability to quickly synthesize data from various sources – interviews, surveys, secondary research and other IDC research
• Self-starter that can work independently
• A passion for working in an entrepreneurial environment
• Excellent speaking skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Capable of professional-level use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.
Valid through: 12/2/2020