IDC is seeking a Research Director to drive a thought leadership research agenda and evangelize the topic of the Future of Customers and Consumers. The Future of Customers and Consumers is defined as an empathetic relationship between customers and brands built on what the customer wants and how they want to be treated through the technology lens of awareness, engaging, learning and, measuring. A strong understanding of the digital transformation taking place with technology, end-user companies, and consumers today and the implication it has for customer engagement is a must to be successful in this exciting new position.
Our collaborative, innovative, and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future!
- Customer Engagement/Experience Market and Technology Analysis: Serves as IDC’s subject matter expert for the future of customers and consumers and the implementation of customer engagement within an organization, within an organization's ecosystem and to its customers. How alignment between the brand and customer enables an organization to deliver a positive ROI is a must.
- Thought Leadership/Evangelization: Provides leadership thinking around how the customer experience and engagement conversation is shifting, and what the impacts of these shifts mean both to brands and to the vendors delivering customer engagement products, services, and technologies. Both verbal and written analysis are hallmarks of a successful analyst at IDC. This position carries the expectation for a mix of shorter industry-event reactive pieces, vendor market share and forecast analysis and thought leadership documents that provide deeper insight into the changing nature of the market. The ability to build relationships with vendors and to reach out to industry representatives proactively is critical.
- Consulting: Develops and/or customizes research and consulting projects to meet the specific needs of the external customers. Consulting projects can come in the form of customized surveys, white papers, webcasts, on-site strategy sessions, customized forecasts, videos or presentations at events.
- Business Development: Utilizes existing and new relationships, in conjunction with technical and market knowledge, to develop and grow business network to drive market presence. Proactively develops relationships with internal IDC sales teams and acts as an advocate for the research service and custom consulting projects as a subject matter expert during sales calls.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus; or equivalent experience
- 10+ years working in a related field or in research, with at several years of work in directly relevant coverage areas
- Able to communicate clearly and with value to C-level executives both at customer engagements and with industry players being evaluated
- Proven success in synthesizing data from various sources – interviews, surveys, secondary research, and other IDC research
- Strong proficiency in analyzing industry trends and presenting the larger transformation of customer engagement story on the main stage at conferences
- Excellent collaboration skills; able to professionally insert herself/himself into projects in a positive and additive manner
- A passion for working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient with professional-level use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel approximately 35%. Travel varies considerably, with heaviest travel periods between March-June, again August-October.