The successful candidate will analyze the research domain of enterprisearchitecture and technology innovation and create and maintain a body of Gartner research and analysis as part of a team effort. The candidate must be able communicate research findings to clients, and mustsupport the sales force in growth andretention of Gartner’s broad offerings. The research in enterprisearchitecture and technology innovation will focus on providing insight, thought-leading predictions, and actionable advice to Gartner clients. The candidate will focus on written deliverables, verbal interactions, and customer-facing meetings (live or via video/audio) that retain and grow Gartner’s value in enterprise accounts who must consider the candidate’s research and advice to be “Must Have.”Key Considerations:
- Must be versed in enterprise architecture, business architecture, technology innovation, and/or business transformation concepts and frameworks.
- Must be able to articulate emerging best practices, trends, and concepts that modern enterprise architects and technology innovation leaders should aspire to.
- Must be versed in concepts such as business capability modelling, business architecture, strategic planning, business outcomes, and technology innovation
- Must be able to act and interact at the strategic end of a conversation with our clients, at every level of the organization.
- Must understand business and industry trends and their impact on enterprise architecture and technology adoption.
- Must be open to coaching and mentoring
- Must have a passion for researching the new and exciting concepts with a strong view of practical versus the possible
This role can be located anywhere in North America
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred. A proven record of academic achievement is required.
- Significant applicable experience to be knowledgeable about enterprise architecture and technology innovation to be accepted by clients as an expert. The IT knowledge needed typically entails a deep understanding of the technology as well as the industry and the market of IT solutions, vendors, products and user strategies in specific area(s) of industry. Business-side knowledge is also required as enterprise architecture has a strong say in business outcomes and enabling the strategic moves of the enterprise.
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply. Public speaking skills and experience are a requirement.
- Ability to influence over the phone, in person and from the stage
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level
- Beyond knowing the facts in the area of expertise, the individual must be adept at analysis - seeking out and piecing together fragments of information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data. Ability to think abstractly and strategically is a must.
- A proven track record of writing success (commercial and/or noncommercial). Must be able to supply writing samples of sole authorship.
- Able to build and execute a robust research agenda
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A motivated, creative individual who has the ability to grow research depth and skills.
- Ability to take direction and execute against plans
- Strong work ethos, working both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong project and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
Job ID 00019557