5 - 7 years experience • Advertising & Marketing Services
Looking to join an exciting and growing global research and analytics firm in San Francisco, Silicon Valley, or Seattle? At Edelman Intelligence “EI”, we have a fun, challenging and fast-paced environment that is fueled by both analytical thinking and creativity.
Our EI West Coast team is seeking a candidate that has experience and expertise across a range of industries (technology, consumer, corporate, healthcare, etc.). This role will provide strategic, analytical and intellectually curious research professionals with the opportunity to manage client engagements from start to finish.
The Research Director will focus mainly on secondary research (monitoring, measurement and desk research) and will have the opportunity to learn and explore primary research opportunities.
• Manage complex research studies from end-to-end, including coordinating execution staff, and liaising with the team in our Research and Innovation Technology Center in Rochester, NY,
• Manage measurement and social listening projects for Fortune 500 clients at a global scale
• Lead the analysis and interpretation of data and work closely with analysts to create a compelling ‘story’ that meets client objectives
• Be creative in designing visually compelling deliverables that clearly and concisely answer research objectives and provide value to the client including detailed findings, implications and strategic recommendations
• Build and nurture relationships within Edelman, Edelman Intelligence colleagues and external clients
• Ask the right questions, understand the business objectives, and ultimately help to scope the right research that will have the most impact
• Grow client business through insightful and valuable work product, understanding of client business
• Contribute to the new business process through research, proposal development and pitch preparation
• Hone your management skills by mentoring and supervising junior staff
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• Minimum 6 years of experience in applied research and analytics, consumer insights, ideation, strategy development or digital/social research
• Various types of research engagements, potentially including: corporate reputation, highly curated media monitoring, thought leadership, measurement and optimization and brand position.
• Quantitative research, potentially including: Media analysis; Automated dashboard development and reporting; Knowledge of social media publishing & listening tools; Digital analytics
• Qualitative research, potentially including Landscape analysis; Fact finding research
• Possess an understanding of marketing and communications strategy including the role of PR in the marketing mix
• Be a strategic thinker that understands marketing strategy and how to use research methods and analysis to deliver actionable findings for clients
• Be comfortable with managing project financials to ensure projects stay on budget
• Be an effective time manager and able to multi-task across multiple projects and prioritize time
• Possess intellectual curiosity and approach business questions with creativity and insight
• Be detail oriented, organized, thorough and have respect for quality control
• Have good judgment and able to work well with others and collaborate productively with team members and clients.
• Have a positive attitude and inspire confidence from clients and team members
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively express ideas and opinions in written and oral formats including in-person presentation
About Edelman Intelligence:
Edelman Intelligence is the strategic and insights-driven market research arm of Edelman – the world’s largest and most global communications marketing firm. We are strategic partners and consultants to a wide range of top-tier clients.
Our engagements span primary and secondary research, digital and business analytics, and utilize a full suite of cutting edge tools and methodologies. Our motto is Intelligent Engagement, and our mission is quite simple:
We strive to make our client engagements the smartest they can be. Whether it is redefining positioning, optimizing a messaging strategy or identifying a target audience, we are committed to engagements that marry creativity + strategy in the world of marketing communications.