IDC is seeking a Research Director Network Security to drive research, provide thought leadership and advise clients about the market for security software and hardware products related to network security, network-based content inspection, and internet defense technologies. An individual well suited for this position would be familiar with topics such as firewall/UTM, IPS/IDS, VPN, cloud security gateway, messaging security, and web security.
- Serve as IDC’s subject matter expert on security software and hardware products related to network security, secure report access and protecting location agnostic work.
- Take a holistic approach to security, driving thought leadership on topic like zero trust, SASE, and secure edge.
- Provide leadership thinking around how the industry is shifting, and what the impacts of these shifts mean both to enterprise end user organizations and to the vendors delivering application security and fraud products and technologies.
- Develop and/or customizes research and consulting projects to meet the specific needs of the external customers. Consulting projects can come in the form of customized surveys, white papers, webcasts, on-site strategy sessions, customized forecasts, videos or presentations at events.
- Analyze data; both verbally and in written form is key to being a successful analyst at IDC. This position carries the expectation for a mix of shorter industry-event reactive pieces, vendor market share document, market forecast analysis and thought leadership documents that provide deeper insight into the changing nature of the market.
- Build relationships with vendors and proactively reach out to industry representatives. Simply put, the analyst will evangelize Trust.
- Utilize existing and new relationships, in conjunction with technical and market knowledge, to develop and grow business relationships to drive market presence.
- Develop relationships proactively with internal IDC sales teams and acts as advocate for the research service and custom consulting projects as a subject matter expert during sales calls.
- Bachelors Degree required, advanced degrees preferred
- 10+ years of prior work experience in the cybersecurity field as an analyst and/or in a related cybersecurity field;or with similar areas and levels of responsibility in the technology industry working with cybersecurity customers
- Demonstrated thought leadership in this space; able to communicate the importance of new ideas and trends in cybersecurity to engage both senior level officials, executive management, and relevant partners
- Excellent writing and superior communication skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of products is a must
- Must be a strong self-starter with experience developing new products
- Demonstrated ability to generate program growth through a variety of revenue sources (honorarium, report sales, consulting)
- Excellent collaboration skills, and able to contribute to projects in a positive and additive manner
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite is a must