The Tax Specialty Group at Moss Adams specializes in international, federal, and state and local tax services designed to help our clients reduce their tax liability, increase cash flow, and manage risk. The R&D Tax Credit team at Moss Adams assists a wide variety of companies to identify and quantify federal and state research tax credits. They perform R&D tax credit studies, interview clients and document eligible tax credit criteria, research and draft technical memoranda regarding R&D and tax issues, as well as assist with other projects as assigned.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Leads planning and engagement management
- Schedules and conducts informational gathering interviews with clients
- Obtains and organizes documentation obtained from the client
- Performs tax research
- Drafts technical reports and correspondence
- Assists with taxing authority audit defense
- Conducts sales activities to identify and target potential clients
- Mentors and develops team
- Bachelor's degree required; emphasis in Accounting, Business, Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- Advanced degree preferred (e.g. MST, JD, or LL.M)
- CPA, bar membership or equivalent credential required
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience in R&D tax credits or tax compliance
- Ability to train and develop a team
- Previous experience handling multiple engagements simultaneously, while providing leadership and management over professional staff required
- Prior success in leading key business development, project delivery and practice development activities preferred
- Demonstrate success to the firm around practice development, providing thought leadership and meeting target sales goals by having an established network and participating in various market facing activities, such as industry presentations, webcasts, professional networking events, etc.
- Experience in serving mid-market clients preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%