Research & Development Engineer
ZOLL – Pawtucket is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ZOLL Medical Corporation dedicated to designing and manufacturing a wide line of ECG electrodes, pacing pads, defibrillation pads and multifunction electrodes. ZOLL Medical Corporation, an Asahi Kasei Group company, develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, fluid resuscitation, and therapeutic temperature management, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims in need of resuscitation and critical care.
We are looking for strong candidates who take initiative to continuously improve what they do in an effort to meet our customers' needs. We offer the challenge of working in a fast-paced team environment where your energy and expertise can help you to reach your full potential.
We are looking for a Research & Development Engineer responsible for assisting in the development of new product designs and support existing products for defibrillation, monitoring and pacing, (ECG) electrodes and other specialty products.
This position performs electronics system development, maintenance and documentation tasks for electrode testing and programming systems
- Interacts with the Product Development Team and vendors on product specific issues related to the design and production of our products.
- Assists in the design, development and improvement of new or existing products including research and development of new technologies.
- Develops and implements experimental methods designed to enhance our ability to select/source/develop appropriate materials that meet all specifications.
- Participates in the development and implementation of testing procedures that ensure that mechanical and electrical requirements are met.
- Participates on inter-disciplinary teams focused on design and manufacturing methods for continuous improvement and new product development
- Provides technical guidance and direction to all levels of the organization in this area of expertise. Diagnoses related problems recommending and leading the implementation of solutions.
- Ensures all required documentation is prepared in accordance with established procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S in Electronics Engineering or related fields.
- Experience in hardware systems and computer programming (Labview, VB, C,etc) is highly desired.
- Familiarity with regulated environment for medical devices and V&V.
ZOLL values diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.