Job Details: Position Summary
Identifies, collects, integrates and analyzes data in support of the assigned project and/or department. This position works independently and uses methodologies consistent with the established policies, procedures and regulatory requirements affecting the department.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, Masterspreferred
- 3 – 5 years’ experience analyzing data required, in healthcare preferred.
- Ability to work and interact with multiple departments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential attributes for this position.
- Intermediate knowledge of and experience with spreadsheet, relational database, graphics and word processing software is required. Intermediate skills with at least one statistical software package is required, e.g. SAS, R, STATA, SPSS.
- Experience in working with large clinical and/or administrative claimsdatabases, including both for management and analysis is desirable.
- Capable of searching and critically appraising medical literature.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to convey complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- Ability to work independently and self-directed.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Assists with data collection as necessary.
- Acquires existing data from multiple sources; integrates data from new and existing data sources.
- Collaborates with other departments to access data.
- Treats data with appropriate security and confidentiality.
- Operates database and analysis software.
- Performs management of large clinical and/or administrative databases.
- Assists in the design of data collection tools, databases, data entryprocesses and maintenance protocols.
- Stays current in knowledge and proficiency of multiple databases and analysis software systems.
Analyzes data and reports findings
- Assists investigators to translate information needs into questions that can be answered with available data.
- Performs analysis of large clinical and/or administrative databases using applied statistics, sampling, univariate, multivariate, and time dependent techniques.
- Creates tables and figures of results.
- Supports data needs of project teams.
- Provides data for annual reports, grant proposals and reports, and training presentations.
- Participates in manuscript writing.
Assists in Project Management.
- Assists in setting project schedules.
- Implements project plans.
- Assists in definition of goals and objectives.
- Assists in development of timelines, budgets, progress reports, etc.