- Seeking a skilled protein biochemist to join our Protein Engineering team. The Research Assistant will work in a small team setting to support developability assays for protein therapeutics including monospecific and multispecific antibodies.
- Involved with analytical methods for routine testing and extended characterization of physicochemical attributes of therapeutic proteins.
- Responsible for analysis of protein purity by SDS-PAGE, HPLC-SEC, HIC and DLS.
- Conduct protein stability assays, by thermal denaturation and accelerated degradation methods.
- Analyse, interpret, document and present data to the team.
- Contribute to group knowledge and expertise through collaboration and idea exchange with a multidisciplinary team.
- The individual must be highly motivated, ready to learn new skills and adapt, have meticulous bench-work and record-keeping, and be able to function independently.
- Experience with standard protein characterization techniques such as SDS-PAGE, HPLC (SEC, HIC) and/or CE-based (CE-SDS, icIEF) methods.
- Experience with routine lab equipment and methods, including preparing buffers, measuring pH, UV absorbances, etc.
- A strong understanding of protein structure and biophysical chemistry.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and present data in a clear manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Education: BA/BS or MS degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, or a related field of research experience in protein engineering, protein biochemistry or biophysics is required.