Under general supervision, performs experiments that support activities in the Analytical Chemistry job family. Responsible for planning and scheduling tests of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products consistent with the timeline and objectives of an ongoing Research Project. (Project lifetimes are greater than 3months.). Applies knowledge of GMP and GLP to daily activities. Operates scientific equipment, selects appropriate methods and techniques, and performs preventative maintenance and calibration. Plans and organizes details of experiments. Uses data, reports and previous results to identify inappropriate variances and concerns. Presents data or prepares information for others to present. Works with immediate supervisor on problems of moderate complexity. Good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
• Under close supervision, prepares and analyze pre-clinical formulations of new chemical entities in drug discovery research
• Use an UPLC for analyses
• Measure water-solubility of new chemical entities
• Measure chemical stability of new chemical entities in solution and in formulations
• Accurately and promptly documents experiments in laboratory research notebooks
• Provides regular updates to immediate supervisor and FPD lead on status of preparing pre-clinical formulations
• Manages work schedule to ensure pre-clinical formulations are prepared per study timelines
• Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• Adheres to Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) laboratory procedures
• Performs a variety of routine laboratory duties.
• Conducts laboratory support functions such as stocking and distributing supplies and equipment.
• May use a computer to perform simple technical and record keeping duties in conformance with company and regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements.
• This position requires strong adherence to safety requirements, SOPs and other related documents.
• Good communication skills are required, and must be able to work effectively on teams.