Description: Supervises day-to-day activities of a major segment(s) of a large study; all phases of a medium study; or several smaller studies to include direction of less experienced research staff. Large project usually is multi-year, with a budget in excess of 200k annually and hundreds of participants at multiple sites. Recommends solutions to project design problems. Final review required for some phases of projects.
- Manages all or most of the research study components and phases.
- Manages staff to include: hiring, training, evaluating performance and assigning work.
- Designs, implements and interprets findings of pilot programs.
- Identifies and oversees preparation of study tools and protocols.
- Prepares/presents progress reports as well as assists in writing scientific articles.
- Manages project budget; recommends budget actions/decisions.
- Supervises and monitors data collection, data editing and on-site pretests.
- Recommends solutions to project design problems.
- Leads professional committees with other coordinators, investigators, etc.
- Will be asked to coordinate exercise intervention activities. This will include interactions with clinicians and clinic staff; instruction on the exercise intervention with participants; ongoing behavioral support, including phone calls, for participants; assist with development of exercise tracking forms to assess participant adherence; measurements to assess the value of exercise during and after cancer treatment; and provide input into cohort retention programs throughout the study intervention.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in one or more of the technical areas required.
- Bachelor' degree in public health, health care administration, epidemiology or other related field required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
Job Number: 631796