We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate II to join our Immunohistochemistry team. Covance's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on the lives of millions worldwide. Join us & be a part of this life-saving work!
In this role you will assist with the research and assessing the feasibility of establishing new methodology for current study designs. Provide scientific and technical expertise and operational support necessary for the performance of method development and validation work carried out within the laboratory. Accountability for overall accuracy, timeliness, completeness and soundness of scientific and technical judgement for all operational work performed.
Essential Job Duties:
- Exercises significant scientific judgement during day to day laboratory and method development and validation work based on experience.
- Maintains study data, method development and validation documentation in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Analyze, interpret and discuss results – and transfer any data generated during the course of method validation work to the Pathologist for evaluation and approval.
- Initiates problem solving of adverse events during method development, validation, study and non-study work, encourages other to assist in providing solutions. Works with the Data Reviewer/Pathologist/Study Director to ensure that any issues/obstacles are documented correctly.
- Reviews/writes laboratory SOP’s, Study Specific Procedures (SSPs) and Protocols in line with process improvements for study related work
- Assists with the preparation of any posters, abstracts and scientific literature to be submitted for External Scientific/Clients Meetings.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant histology experience including extensive experience in immunohistochemistry required. Education may substitute for work experience.
- Internal candidates - 2 plus years in house experience at Technical Specialist 1 level.
- External candidates Minimum 8 years of relevant histology experience including extensive experience in immunohistochemistry required.
- Strong scientific background and practical experience.
- Excellent organisational and investigative skills.
- Communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to utilise word-processing software, databases, spreadsheet and specialised software.
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP and other regulatory guidelines (OECD, ICH).
Job Number 2019-27795