$80K — $100K *
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY/CADD in Albany, NY Position may be based in either Albany, NY or Buffalo, NY AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Associate is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by applying computational and cheminformatics within drug discovery research programs.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture. In this role, you will:
• Uses research knowledge to effectively plan and manage day-to-day work cycle operations of a project; stays current with changes in applicable field. Ability to solve problems and develop new methodology
• Modify software in accord to allow rapid, successful and consistent calculations on chemical and biological structures.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
• Use a broad spectrum of computational skills as needed; including advanced simulations, structure searching, and bioinformatics.
• Leads exchange of research information through technical assistance and instruction. Contributes to preparation of publications, reports or protocols; makes presentations.
• Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of products and/or services.
• Create and validate hypotheses through data collection and analysis with goals of description, explanation prediction and decision making.
• Conduct literature and database searches for specific target compounds, structures related to the target compound, or to determine specific conditions for compounds and reactions. Keep abreast of current scientific literature and discuss new findings with colleagues.
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
• Ph.D. Degree in Chemistry or in a relevant field such as biochemistry or biology. Preferably, experience or training in physical, theoretical or computational chemistry, biophysical chemistry or bioinformatics.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disabilit y
Valid through: 11/20/2020