Provides reference and research assistance in support of the various administrative departments throughout the firm. Assists reference staff on research and reference projects. Works with Director, Manager or Supervisor on Library and Research projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Provides research and reference assistance to attorneys in all practice areas in a timely and effective manner using various print and electronic resources. Bills time to client/matters as appropriate.
- Provides research and reference assistance to support the functions of the various administrative departments of the firm, including but not limited to, Client Development and New Business/Conflicts.
- Performs regular monitoring of news, dockets, legislative and regulatory changes, and other subject area monitoring as necessary. Assists in the preparation of related updates, newsletters, and other communications.
- Maintains working knowledge of the library collections, online database resources, interlibrary loan availability, document delivery, and other resources as appropriate. Shows proficiency in primary database usage, search strategy and syntax, and licensing restrictions.
- As part of the Research & Reference Services team, provides reference desk coverage as assigned and follows internal procedures for the handling of requests as set by the Director and Research & Reference Services Manager.
- Works with Research & Reference Services Manager to support the maintenance of intranet reference collections by performing regular link checking and data collection/input to facilitate integration of subject-specific resources into larger firm portal.
- Participates in resource evaluation projects including pilots of new services, comparisons of resources, and preparation of related evaluative memos.
- Assigned to focus on areas of the practice, administrative departments, subject or topic areas as required by the Research & Reference Services Manager to meet the needs of the Firm.
- Works with Director, and Research & Reference Services Manager on departmental projects and initiatives as requested.
- Contributes to the firm's Service Excellence initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Working knowledge of print and digital legal and business resources and research techniques.
- Ability to work quickly, and with great attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- MLS, MLIS, J.D., or equivalent required.
- 3 years of reference or research experiencerequired.
- Experience in a large law firm or comparable environment, preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability