In order to efficiently scale and continue to delight customers, Gartner has established a new associate-level Research Analyst Lab located in our Ft. Myers Center of Excellence. Analysts on this exciting new team will be aligned with Gartner’s most visionary experts to directly support clients by writing research and delivering compelling interactions. High-performing analysts in our Ft. Myers Center of Excellence will develop into thought leaders and progress on an amazing career trajectory.
Gartner is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. Gartner is built upon the foundation of an incredible team of over 1,100 expert analysts, who provide clients with objective and actionable insight through written research, advisory calls, Gartner events and consulting support.
As a member of the Research Analyst Lab you will:
- Help top executives at leading organizations solve complex issues and achieve their mission-critical priorities
- Synthesize complex information into concise and dynamic must-have written research
- Conduct compelling advisory calls with our clients to contextualize Gartner’s research and provide actionable advice
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment working closely with global research teams.
Our location: Fort Myers, FL
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida (Ft. Myers), location. World-class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
The successful candidate will have:
Eagerness to learn and grow
- High intellectual clockspeed
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Effective collaborator
- Exceptionally clear and direct communicator
- Service-oriented mindset
- Familiarity with backup and recovery practices of enterprise clients
- Broad working knowledge of secondary storage strategies and market evolution.
- Familiarity with vendors including Veritas, DellEMC, IBM,CommVault, Veeam, Rubrik, Cohesity, and Actifio.
- Ability to review and comment on commercial storage agreements
- Proven strength in attention to detail
- Understanding business fundamentals
- Market research, data collection and analysis
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Project and program management fundamentals
- Proven ability to excel in a fast paced, matrixed, global environment
Education and Experience:
- 3-8 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical experience; Masters preferred
Knowledge of the following areas are desired:
- · The area of data center backup and recovery.
- · Backup and recovery solutions that write data to tape, conventional random access media or devices that emulate the previous backup targets.
- · Data services, such as data reduction (compression, deduplication or single instancing), array and/or server-based snapshotting, heterogeneous replication near-continuous data protection are also desired.
- · Techniques for protecting SaaS data, including Office 365.
Job ID 00019074