Position: Research Analyst, IT
Location : Bridgewater, NJ
Duration: Full time
The Research Analyst will help expand our Information Technology (IT) and Communication Services coverage by working within our collaborative research group alongside our current IT Analysts providing global research coverage of the Sectors. The Analyst's contributions will be measured and rewarded objectively, on the basis of the quality of recommendations and their subsequent performance.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating independently and will have strong analytical problem-solving and project management skills. The role will interest candidates who appreciate working within an environment that encourages curiosity, collaboration and critical thinking, and rewards employees for initiative and their independent investment results.
The Analyst will be based either in Bridgewater, New Jersey (USA) or in our small, growing London office with daily interactions and access to the investment team based in New Jersey.
* Qualify companies for fundamental research using Harding Loevner's investment criteria.
* Conduct in-depth research, adhering to Harding Loevner's structured process, and formulate forward looking views on assigned industries / regions and qualified companies.
* Maintain up-to-date financial models, recommendations, and investment thesis mileposts using Harding Loevner's databases.
* Produce value added stock recommendations that are coherent and aligned with the investment process.
* Clearly communicate to the Research Group about important developments of companies and industries under coverage through company specific research meetings, industry reviews, and timely email correspondence.
* Respond to communications from colleagues.
* Undertake frequent travel.
This role is suited for candidates who have:
* Minimum of three years analyzing and recommending stocks, with a track record of investment performance in the technology industry
* Outstanding academic record from a notable university
* CFA charter or MBA
* Capacity to make independent judgments
* Mandarin or Korean language skills (strongly preferred).