At Sunquest Information Systems Inc., we use industry knowledge and focus to develop solutions and services that meet the changing needs of our customers and the marketplace. We combine this vision with the dream to make our company a phenomenal place to work. From our smart casual dress policy to our flexible work schedules, Sunquest promotes a balance of life for all of our employees. We place emphasis on training plans for new and current staff, encourage promotion from within, and promote work on special projects and involvement with multi-functional teams. These activities foster a culture of professional growth and development for our employees to achieve their professional goals and reach their full potential.
PURPOSE (why this job exists):
The position is responsible for developing user requirements for the purpose of creating software products that meet customer needs, strategic direction, expected delivery dates, and exceptional quality standards.
- Develop detailed functional requirements, including workflow diagrams and flow charts, based on user needs strategic direction and scope of project
- Develop user interface specifications including storyboards and critical user interface functionality
- Organize and lead requirement review meetings to analyze and resolve software requirements issues and document their solutions.
- Evaluate defects from a development perspective.
- Provide impact analyses to determine how software changes will affect user workflow, often proposing and documenting recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, regulatory standards and Sunquest quality processes.
- Develop and deliver training to key internal stakeholders.
- Work with geographically distributed team
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Demonstrate familiarity with laboratory work environments and workflows.
- Demonstrate understanding of software development lifecycle and engineering principles
- Describe workflow and troubleshoot workflow issues
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to understand system level impact
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
TRAINING and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, math or other relevant combination of training and education.
- Experience with software development life cycle, testing methodologies, quality control, and quality assurance.
- Typically requires a minimum of at least 5 years of experience in a software engineering environment.
- Proven ability and comfort level communicating with clinical and technical experts.
- Experience designing commercial software highly desirable.
- Experience with clinical information systems highly desired.