Requirements and Test Lead - Continental Engineering Services
Job Title Requirements and Test Lead - Continental Engineering Services
Country United States
Posting Location Auburn Hills, MI
Job Description Continental Engineering Services (CES) is seeking an experienced Requirements and Test Lead to steer requirements and test management for various in vehicle automotive electronics from the Continental portfolio.
• Lead, organize and maintain project requirements.
• Clarify and negotiate with the customer all open items related to requirements.
• Coordinate and participate in reviews to identify requirements inconsistencies.
• Support system architects during the project architecture phase.
• Support SW Engineers for refinement of specifications.
• Support test team during system validation phase.
• Monitor and report requirements / test / implementation traceability.
• Identify and distribute all stakeholder requirements, e.g. customer requirement specifications, legal standards, internal standards.
• Create and adopt an overall test strategy for efficient and effective system testing.
• Drive the use of a standardized automated test system.
• Design, develop, and implement cost effective test methods.
• Functional lead for all system test activities in projects.
• Design test setups and test cases in order to test the project requirements.
• Create, review and update test specifications and setups in order to ensure 100% coverage of requirements.
• Create and maintain test schedules.
• Support quote team in acquisitions for activities in terms of technical quotations.
• Support project manager to identify changes in customer requirements.
• Provide support to application teams for identification of root cause for issues and corrective solutions.
• Provide technical leadership, coach and mentor personnel within the department (CES North America).
• Assist with other tasks as needed and determined by Management.
• Provide feedback for performance evaluation and merit rating of junior engineers.
• Integrate useful knowledge, concepts, and ideas from other areas.
• Defines and implements best practices.
• Experience with Automotive Electronic/Electromechanical Products.
• Experience with 8 – 32 bit microcontrollers.
• Experience in embedded software requirements and testing.
• Good communication skills with CES team, internal & external customers.
• Innovator to solve difficult/complex problems.
• Can work both independently and in a team environment.
• A mindset for continuous quality and efficiency improvements.
• Determines own priorities and may deviate from established procedures and practices as long as results meet standards of acceptability (e.g., volume, quality, timeliness, accuracy).
Job Requirements Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering concentration
• Must have 7+ years of embedded control systems development
• Minimum of 2+ years working with automotive customer requirements and test management
• Must be willing to travel (approximately 20%).
• 10+ years of experience in automotive controllers.
• Cross functional experience, such as experience in different types of automotive products.
• Hands-on project Experience with multiple automotive OEMs.