Advocate Health Care, the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Our Corporate Support & Operations Services are equally committed to advancing Advocate's goal of building lifelong relationships with patients by delivering the best health outcomes and highest level of service through an integrated approach to care and wellness.
What You Will Do:
Provides support, analysis and collaboration for aShared Revenue Cycle Organization (SRCO) department or functional area in alignment with the overall mission of Advocate Health Care. Assists with development ofreporting projects, standards, systems, policies, procedures, and operational performance initiatives. Provides insight and recommendations to the Manager and contributes to collaboration, integration, and performance improvement activities with revenue cycle andclinical operations managers to achieve strategic,financial, and operational performance goals. TheReporting Specialist isresponsible for preparation and review of daily, weekly, and monthly SRCOfinancial and revenue cycle performancereports, as well as quarterly and annual revenue cyclereports for the Advocate Board Finance Committee. Analyzes variances and proactively recommends appropriate actions to ensure that organizational andfinancial goals are met. Regularly presents and discusses SRCOfinancial performance with SRCO Executive Director Finance and Advocate leadership as needed. Embraces an organizational culture that values patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction andassociate engagement, and serves as a champion for change and continuous learning that reflects the overall goals of the system. Provides measurable positive performance across SRCO operations in service to Advocate hospitals, patients, physicians andassociates. Accountabilities:
- Resource for organizing, planning, and directing financial information and analyses and interpretation of financial results including the following:
- Report Writing and Analysis
- Champions an environment that promotes professional growth and development, and assures customer service excellence.
- Participates in maintaining an effective internal control environment that ensures compliance with all internal policies and operating procedures, external federal and state regulations, and the safeguarding of Advocate Health Care assets.
- Reviews and monitors financial and performance outcomes to achieve SRCO goals and objectives.
- Exercises stewardship in the expenditure of company funds.
- Participates in and supports overall SRCO efforts surrounding the identification and integration of new and innovative approaches to using people, processes, and technology to increase cash collections and income statement improvement from revenue cycle operations.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of experience within a large hospital or integrated healthcare delivery system, including 2 years of report writing experience.
- Proficient in personal computers and applications (ie.Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other spreadsheet and word processing software)
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to handle complex issues.
- Report writing experience.
- Excellent Organization Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Able to work under stressful conditions and manage multiple completing priorities.
- Work will often require flexibility and meeting tight deadlines.
- Able to communicate with many different customers and seek solution to move the organization forward.
- Able to travel to other hospital sites, corporate settings and seminar locations.
Job ID: 91721