Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and lead the month- and quarter-end close process in the local ERP system (Dynamics AX) and in the Imerys Group Reporting tool (Magnitude). Ensure that the closing and reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare allrequired Imerys Group Reporting schedules including Monthly ‘R-pack’ reporting, Quarterly ‘C-pack’ Consolidation reporting, any required ‘F-pack’ Forecast reporting, and annual ‘B-pack’ Budgetreporting. Ensure that financialreporting is in accordance with IFRS and Imerys policies and procedures (Blue book).
- Prepare and distribute other key NAC monthly reports including Plant P&Ls, Overhead Cost Center reports, the Monthly Inventory Summary by Plant and Travel and Expense reports.
- Improve the processes around key reports (i.e. Plant P & L). Lead projects involving IT to move away from exclusive Excel based reports to more user friendly reports with drill-down functionality. Consider Business Intelligence applications like Qlik Sense or Qlik View.
- Oversee the Balance Sheet account reconciliation process. Ensure that all accounts have an assigned owner and that reconciliations are completed by published deadlines.
- Act as the primary contact for the external auditors, understanding auditschedules and their requirements and making sure timely and accurate information is provided.
- Assist in the preparation of the NAC annual budget and periodic forecasts.
- Monitor critical accruals (i.e., legal, relocation, etc.) to make sure the financial statements are properly stated.
- Communicate with internal personnel on critical finance issues.
- Assist with the configuration, testing, and implementation of financial systems, such as an ERP.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent “teaming” skills. Able to work effectively on cross-functional teams and projects.
- Change agent willing to ‘Deliver results’ on projects and assignments.
- Excellent MS Excel skills along with good understanding of ERP systems.
- Excellent organizational, mathematical, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles
- Position requires a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- MBA or CPApreferred
- 5+ years experience in Finance and Accounting with Public Accounting experiencepreferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing or mining industry required
- Experience with International Reporting under IFRS guidelines preferred
- Experience with multiple site & currency consolidation required.