The Reporting Engineer will be an important resource to provide stability, scalability, and the delivery of BI solutions. Must be able to communicate with business owners and IT professionals at all levels. We are looking for a combination of analytical capabilities, technical prowess, and communication skills in a team based environment.
- Administration of reporting servers including capacity planning, security configuration, software installations, and maintenance.
- Administration of Reporting Services, Power BI service and Jaspersoft Server. Ability to work with new tools/technologies as well.
- Tuning of the reporting environment including server level aspects, reports, Ad Hoc subject areas and related queries that affect reports
- Reporting platform management to ensure stability and performance of reports to adhere to SLAs
- Assist in report user provisioning
- Implementation and validation of Disaster recovery solutions
- Development and testing of reporting.
- Willingness to work in a team environment, contribute to team goals and participate in creative solutions
- 2+ years of reporting server administration and installation.
- Experience in either Power BI, Jaspersoft Server, or Reporting Services Server or similar reporting server experience
- Experience in Linux, Troubleshoot and help resolve server issues.
Nice to have
- 2+ years of experience in data warehousing and business intelligence tools & BI tools administration
- 2-3 years of experience with BI tools, SQL and data analysis and administration of BI environments
- Experience working with offshore team and related collaboration
- Experience with Github & Jenkins
- Work with developers and users to migrate reports to Production and non-production instances
- Manage routine Application backup procedures and disaster recovery procedures
- Provide On-Call support to Production Systems
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Basic Java knowledge
- Positive team oriented attitude
- Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
- Quick learner? able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills