Reporting to the Senior Manager of Reporting and Strategy, the Analyst will be an innovative team member with responsibility for multiple Marketing, Sales, and Operational reports. This exciting and multi-faceted role will be responsible for creating standard reporting, data management and analytics, and assisting with maintaining budgets and ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed. The role will interact with numerous departments and levels both internally and externally, and gain exposure to marketing, finance, technical and operational teams.
The ideal candidate is a business-savvy, practical and proactive self-starter with strong skills. Experience in SAS, SQL, SRSS, and reporting BI tools such as MicroStrategy, Qlik, or Power BI, combined with an understanding of analytics and reporting requirements. Experience with end-to-end information systems management, campaign optimization, life testing, predictive modeling and prescriptive analytics. a solid understanding of how to structure data warehouses and data architecture are ideal for this role. Additionally, as part of a cross-functional team, a strong client service background and the maturity tointeract with many different personalities and needs across the company and client organizations is key.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage the design, development, and maintenance of sophisticated Marketing, Sales, and Operational reports
- Assist with the analysis of trends and performance, including deep dive to root cause analysis, tomake recommendations to Senior Leadership on potential courses of action to improve performance
- Prepare reporting and presentations for Senior Leadership
- Assist with creating complex portfolio forecasting, analysis, and Sales reporting related to factors that affect performance
- Effectively summarize and communicate portfolio performance trends, expectations, forecast methodology and results to a variety of internal clients
- Assist the Director of Strategic Initiatives with Ad Hoc analysis and Projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in Statistics, Math, Business, or related field
- 3-years' reporting/analytics experience preferably in the financial services industry
- Expert with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Extensive experience with data analysis and spreadsheet modeling and/or reporting
- Mastery of coding (SAS and SQL preferred) for data mining and transformation in a data warehouse environment
- Knowledge of BI Tools (Micro Strategy preferred; Power BI or Qlik are helpful but not required) and reporting infrastructure requirements
- Advanced quantitative skills and acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated expertise in data mining, data analysis and visualization, quantitative and analytical methods, and sophisticated forecasting techniques
- Management experience
- Effective written and verbal presentation skills with an ability to communicate well with executiveand senior management Manage operational budgets for responsible functions.
- Collaborate with leadership across all verticals to facilitate Marketing and Sales initiatives.