The Report Writer II designs, develops and distributes meaningful reports from a variety of data sources to a diverse audience in a timely and efficient manner using current business modeling software. Crystal Reports/Business Objects with WEBI is a plus. This position will also mentor and assist the junior report writer to a moderate degree and assist with updating and gathering documentation for data dictionary maintence.
They must have the ability to exercise critical thinking and create efficient data queries and objects using T-SQL. A solid understanding of healthcare as it relates to laboratory testing and related methodologies, including ICD and CPT coding and how reimbursement can be adversely impacted related to inapropriate coding. The ability to produce and understand operational data sets to satisfy business requirements for a laboratory based business is essential.
Prepares and/or maintains documentation pertaining to programming, systems operation and user documentation. Translates business specifications into user documentation. Understands and ensures HIPPA requirements are followed when dealing with any PHI. Contributes to and assists with enterpise dashboard design initiatives.
- Creates accurate reports in a timely manner
- Identifies appropriate datasets for any particular request
- Gathers information and manages requests to minimize backlog
- Utilize appropriate existing objects when applicable
- Assist SUSHA and other personnel with report writing
- Gathers information and creates documentation for reporting specifications from user groups
- Gathers clear and concise requirements that can be operationalized into code for a deliverable
- Identifies and performs corrective action for data aberrancies or when necessary communicates findings to the appropriate source to facilitate correction
- Creates and updates training documentation for end users for report creation
- Actively works to address change requests and feedback with each document review and release cycle.
- Establishes and implements standardized documentation formats and production procedures.
- Documents complex technical subjects in ways that are easy to understand.
- Training &Education:
- Attends training to augment/facilitate advanced information display and/or creation annually
- Maintains professional/technical knowledge by reading professional publications and attending continuing education seminars and classes
- Cross Functional Activities:
- Communicates proactively and effectively with team members, team leads, project managers, software developers, user personnel and management staff.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to define requirements for document content, format and production schedule.
- Contributes and reviews technical related entries into enterprise data dictionaries
- Special Projects:
- Participate in process improvement projects.
- Possesses understanding in the areas of clinical, anatomic pathology and/or cytology.
- Communicates proactively and effectively with users within the laboratory, the management staff, team members, team leads, and project managers.
- Ability to develop business relationships.
- Manages and prioritizes assigned tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Performs data quality and data cleansing functions to ensure standards are met and data elements are correct
- Ability to create SQL efficient queries using T-SQL to build appropriate data sets
- Maps data elements to create normalized data sets including look up tables and primary /foreign key creation
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Works well on both individual and team projects.
- Takes initiative and maintain a positive attitude,
- Works effectively on projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Adheres to schedules and agendas and respects others’ time.
Adjusts effectively to new work demands, processes, structures and cultures
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Must be able to balance high quality standards with schedule pressures and demanding environment
- Has seven plus years of responsibilities to create, standardize, and support technology platforms using BI/reporting solutions
- Must be a resourceful self-starter, flexible, pro-active, solution-oriented and customer-oriented.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Light to moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Occasional carrying, pushing, and pulling of objects.
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking.
- Extensive computer work.
- Frequent use of telephone and fax.
- Occasional travelrequired to interact with Division personnel and/or attend meetings or educational training.