This position is within the Global Services Engineering (GSE) organization, commercial repairs. GSE Commercial Repair develops creative repair solutions to observed and predicted distress on components for all P&W Commercial jet engines in order to economically return the engine to service.
As a Repair Development Engineer, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Part of a multi-discipline Integrated Product Team (IPT) to establish repair design requirements and ensure repairs are safe, durable, and meet the quality requirements of the Original Engineering Manufactured (OEM) parts.
- Research operating environments and functionality of components, their interactions with mating parts, and develop strategies which will return damaged parts back to service.
- Build technical documents that will provide engineering requirements for repairs, including a high level sequence of operations forming the basis for manufacturing operation sheets.
- Participate in the prototyping of new repairs as needed.
- Ensure repair tasks are completed to schedule and on budget.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 5 years of engineering experience.
- 1-3 years of mechanical design experience.
- 1- 3 years of experience in the use of UG or similar CAD application.
- US Citizenship is required due to government program requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering
- Structural analysis experience is a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing processes such as plating, plasma spray, welding and brazing is desirable.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 67592BR