The successful candidate will have a strong, technical background in siting, permitting and evaluating environmental impacts of renewable energy projects. Experience with NEPA/Federal and state permitting, solar, onshore wind, offshore wind, power generation and transmission, is a plus.
- The Project Manager/Seller-Doer will develop new client accounts; work with existing Tetra Tech account managers and the Energy Program market leads to expand existing client accounts.
- Prepare proposals and lead Tetra Tech teams through county, state and federal permit processes
- The Project Manager/Seller-Doer should also have experience with agency coordination, leading technical teams and contractors providing technical deliverable.
- The Project Manager/Seller-Doer will have the ability and experience to support the permitting of complex projects in a dynamic work environment, have strong critical thinking capabilities, and have a flexible approach to problem solving.
- Must have demonstrated writing abilities, competency with basic business computer applications (i.e., Microsoft Office), and possess the ability to act independently.
- This position requires a team-oriented professional with a strong attention to detail, and a proven commitment to quality management and client satisfaction.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree but preferably a graduate degree in environmental sciences, urban/regional planning, environmental policy, environmental studies, and/or related field.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience, with more experience preferred, with account management, business development, environmental assessments and federal, state, and local regulatory compliance/permitting in the US.
- Must have existing client relationships in the renewable energy market and a proven track record of winning new work.
- Strong working knowledge of NEPA and state siting and permitting processes such as California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), Oregon Energy Facility Siting Council (EFSC), Minnesota Public Utilities Commission (MPUC) and others.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), as the position requires frequent and effective interaction with clients, regulatory agencies, other team members and the public.
- Ability to plan and organize in a fast paced, dynamic client driven working environment
- Possess excellent research and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Work closely and develop strong working relationships with team members located across the US.
- Strong program and project management skills in successfully scoping and managing project teams and deliverables.
- Preference for experience in preparing and processing various county, state, and federal land use permits as well as preparation of documents to meet the requirements.
- Experience with agency coordination, leading technical teams and contractors providing technical deliverables.