The Renewable Energy Project Manager should have a deep and broad base of knowledge regarding development, design, and construction of renewable generation facilities, specifically focusing on wind generation. The candidate will perform various consulting-related duties supporting the development, analysis, design, and construction monitoring associated with renewable energy projects, specifically focused on engineering and financial aspects of these projects. The candidate will be responsible for teaching and training less experienced engineers with regards to renewable generation. This project manager will be a seller-doer and will spend significant time directly engaged with clients to identify new work, prepare proposals, establish study objectives, formulate project approaches, and manage/oversee a team of consultants and engineers to meet the project objectives and provide the client with useful and actionable deliverables.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering, MBA or MS in Engineering or Engineering Management preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience with a broad and deep understanding of renewable generation, specifically wind.
- Experience with development, design, and construction of wind generation projects, specifically from a consulting perspective
- Proven ability to lead, educate, and train a team of engineers and analysts in regards to renewable generation studies and design efforts
- Proven ability to lead multi-discipline teams of engineers and analysts.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
- General business and financial calculation knowledge
- Effective Project Management skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with existing and new clients to identify new projects, articulate to the clients our ability to perform those projects, and translate that into the sale of consulting services
- Ability to communicate with various business contacts to understand their needs and translate them into a scope of work that meets their desired outcomes
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines and to be effective in on-site work environments
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, including identification of critical path items to ensure deliverable deadlines are met
- Ability to focus on the big picture to effectively and efficiently provide services that meet client needs, while also having the ability to identify and analyze details that are critical to project outcomes
- Willingness to learn new service offerings as client needs and the market requires changes to the service offerings provided by our group
- Willingness and ability to develop a broad set of service offering types to allow for flexibility to go where the work is
- Willingness to cross sell other services offered by Burns & McDonnell outside the project manager's core set of services
- Willingness to negotiate with clients for new service agreements
- Professional registration preferred