Overview COVID-19 Precaution: Virtual Interviews
Our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. Thank you for your interest in Sargent & Lundy.
Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services-from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance-with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors. Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry. Quality -
W e provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement. Accountability -
O ur actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect. Our People -
W e value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding. Our Clients -
We deliver value and exceed our clients' expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication. Innovation -
Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world. Meaningful Impact -
W e make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live. Responsibilities
This position offers you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the detailed electrical design and project management of utility-scale renewable energy projects. As a Senior Renewable Energy Engineer in our Electric Grid Infrastructure Services business unit you will:
- Interact with renewable energy developers during the development or project conception phase and support the execution of engineering and design project work.
- As a Senior Renewable Energy Engineer, you will take an active role in all aspects of the project, from project conceptualization, work planning, project design and project execution.
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and problem solving a wide variety of challenges related to renewable energy facility designs and integration of new assets with existing infrastructure.
- You will be responsible for client relationships, mentoring team members, overseeing projects, prepare reports that present technical and project information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats, support interconnection applications and actively support the growth of our renewable energy group.
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers by way of S&L's systems of process and associated "Communities of Practice."
- In addition, you may have the opportunity to travel to client sites as needed.
Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package. S&L is actively expanding our renewable energy teams to our Glendale, AZ and Denver, CO offices. Qualifications We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSEE degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- A Master's degree in a business (e.g., MBA) or engineering discipline is a plus.
- 5 or more years of experience in the renewable energy industry.
- Experience with electrical collection system designs.
- Experience with renewable energy technologies (i.e., wind, solar, battery energy storage, etc.)
- Experience in electrical grid interconnections (i.e. single line design, permit application, compliance with electrical codes and utility standards, etc.)
- Experience with detailed design activities associated with renewable energy projects.
- Experience with owner's engineering activities during renewable energy project execution is a plus.
- Experience with battery energy storage system designs and/or energy management system designs is a plus.
Also extremely important:
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience writing technical reports and proposals.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to work with and guide others.
- Project planning and leadership skills.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.