San Francisco, CA
Less than 5 years
Posted 27 days ago
AstraZeneca's strategy in RCTA is a patient-centric approach to disease treatment. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• You will be responsible for developing and positioning AstraZeneca as a leader through development of long term relationships with key Nephrologists/Cardiologists and targeted hospital accounts.
• You will develop a superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, product efficacy and safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
• You will also develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to assigned sales territory.
• As needed you will provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within the ethical guidelines of AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines.
• You will regularly use a wide variety of promotional resources, analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business to best determine the use of resource personnel to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs to accomplish sales objectives.
• You will work with your Regional Business Director and Divisional Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in territory.
• You will drive sales performance and ensure the sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory goals, while managing your budget.
• You will successfully complete all training requirements, including your product examinations. You will capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plan.
• You will work with other Renal Sales Specialists and Renal Account Specialists to achieve common objectives and coordinated selling efforts.
• You will provide timely and administrative management of work hours, sales data, customer objectives, communication responses, synchronization, sample and expense reporting.
• You will work within the framework of AstraZeneca’s Company Values.
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least two years of documented, full-time, successful pharmaceutical sales
• Strong clinical skill, and sales ability
• A valid driver's license and safe driving record
• Internal candidate must be Career Ladder Level 2 and aboveDesirable Requirements
• Four or more years in AZ Pharmaceutical Sales (Internal Only), or related sales experience, preferably in the Nephrology and Cardiology areas
• Experience working with Medical Information Scientists (MIS)No company relocation assistance provided.
Job reference: R-044667