Boeing is seeking a Software/Systems Engineer to join a dynamic, diverse, and innovative engineering team that is focused on designing and delivering a commercial Satellite Remote Sensing Tasking and Scheduling software solution. Must want to work within an agile development environment. Must value working as part of a larger team, be able to identify and discuss ways of increasing productivity, and being a contributor to the development process and solution.
Boeing is working with an innovative customer to develop and deliver a constellation of remote sensing satellites with ground station nodes distributed globally in the Far East, Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Developing and maintaining code that integrates software components into a large-scale fully functional software system
- Developing software verification plans, test procedures and test environments
- Executing test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Developing build and test scripts for Continuous Integration and Continuous Test
- Developing operations and user manuals to operate and use the software
- Developing, selecting, tailoring and deploying software processes, tools and metrics
- Developing, documenting and maintaining architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Knowledge of one or more languages (speaking or writing) other than English is desired. Potential for travel to locations throughout the world installing, integrating, testing, and training satellite ground station software to non-US Citizens exists. Travel locations may include but are not limited to Abu Dhabi, Bangkok, Bogota, Doha, Hanoi, Marrakech, Moscow, Munich, Pretoria, Riyadh, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Singapore, Seoul, Taipei and Tokyo
- Proficiency in Java is essential
- Experience working in an agile software development environment is required
- Automated Integration and Testing knowledge
- User Interface Development; use of User Experience methods including, Geospatial visualization and mapping
- Eclipse IDE, Ant build scripts, Versioning Control Systems, JUnit Testing Framework, Continuous Integration Servers, Spring, Ruby on Rails, Hibernate, and working with Red Hat Operating System
- Web Service (both SOAP and Restful services) development experience
- XML and related technologiesexperience is desired
- Experience with agile/scrum software development practices
- Experience with Discrepancy Reporting/Tracking tools, Java Script, XML, Automated test applications and web base applications is desired.
- Proficient with the MS Office suite of tools and should also demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills is beneficial
- Understanding of development within a service-oriented architecture with experience deploying to application servers (WebLogic and Tomcat) and developing and maintaining WSDLs and XSDs is desired.
Job ID 1700014688