The Senior Financial Analyst leads processes to include the development of planning, evaluation and assessment of corporate initiatives, analysis and proposal of strategic alternatives to enhance Ryder's market position. This position will provide financial and analytical support to Senior Financial Management, Group Logistics Managers, and Logistics Managers.
REMOTE work from HOME, must reside in EST time zone
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field
- Minimum of 4 (four) years Finance and/or Accounting experience
- Strong understanding of income statements and balance sheets
- Intermediate level skills with MS Excel such as analyzing large data sets, vlookups/hlookups, creating pivot tables, filtering options, waterfall charts,
- Prefer experience in the transportation / logistics industries
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Must be skillful at problem solving, self-motivated and able to prioritize work load
- Ability to think and plan in a proactive and innovative manner
- Motivated self-starter, able to work with minimal guidance when necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate complex financial / operational information to various levels of the organization
- Intermediate level skills with MS Word such as including styles, mail merge, tabs, tables, columns and breaks, graphics, fields, headers and footers, working with margins, page orientation, and spelling/grammar
- Intermediate level skills with MS PowerPoint such as working with templates, using multimedia objects and custom animations, adding interactions, and publishing completed presentations
- Experience with MS Access and / or other database tools helpful but not necessary
- Financial Planning & Analysis: To include forecasting, business planning and branch performance analysis.
- Operational Initiatives: Work closely with Group Logistics Manager (GLM) and Logistics Manager (LM) to identify and recommend opportunities for cost/productivity improvements
- Month-End Closing: To include journal entries as necessary to re-class revenue / expenses; explanations of variances vs. forecast / annual plan; general ledger research to ensure all possible billing opportunities are captured
- Customer invoicing, revenue posting to general ledger, monitoring of monthly aging reports
- Training: Provide financial training to operations staff, including policies, procedures and financial tools
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance: Operations audits, as needed, to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Corporate: Act as a liaison with Ryder's Shared Services Center and Ryder's Corporate Accounting group
Applicants from California, Colorado, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City & Washington:
Salary is determined based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market
data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; certain degrees or
certifications, etc. The salary for this position ranges from $80K to $87K.
Ryder offers comprehensive health and welfare benefits, to include medical,
prescription, dental, vision, life insurance and disability insurance options, as well as paid time off for vacation, illness, bereavement, family and parental leave, and a tax advantaged 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Job Category: Financial Analysis
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.