Your Day-to-Day Will Include:
- New business development utilizing Southern Kitchen and Gatehouse Media’s collective digitalportfolio (owned & operated/programmatic video, native, email, display reach extension, and rich media solutions).
- Developing, maintaining and communicating business and sales plan to Vice President of Sales.
- Spending significant time prospecting and working with the National Ad Sales Team/Multimedia Sales Executives (MMSEs) reviewing accounts and visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening account relationships and convert new business.
- Using your creative thinking skill and feedback from sales staff or advertisers to recommend new packages and promotions.
- Collaborating with other department leaders on local property or corporate-wide initiatives or special projects, offering support and/or identifying unique opportunities to drive ad revenue.
Candidate must also be able to:
- Drive staff to maintain a forward, robust pipeline and stay current on potential wins
- Be held accountable for revenue goals, objectives, KPIs and other metrics.
- Consistently meet/exceed all revenue targets
- Embrace new products or programs as the company continues to diversify and test new revenue streams
- Spend significant time visiting customers in the field
- Enforce and advocate the use of all GateHouse Media sales activity processes and procedures
- Become an expert on and demonstrating knowledge of GateHouse Media’s portfolio of products and services, specifically print and digital solutions
- Lead by example, showing up with a positive attitude and enhance our positive company culture
- Maintain the highest level of personal and professional behavior in the workplace and in the market
- Work, and thrive, in a busy, fast-paced work environment
- College degree with proficient computer skills (Office/MS applications, CRM Solutions).
- 3-5 years of highly successful digital sales experience with strong prospecting, proposal development and closing skills.
- Candidate must have experience selling online marketing solutions to mid-size and corporate media executives.
- Ability to present and develop rapport with sales and marketing professionals, and a history of proven quota attainment.
- Experience successfully selling native/branded content a plus.
- Media or Advertising background a plus.
- Some travelrequired.
- Preferred experience with national or large local CPG and grocery verticals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred; or equivalent work experience in media-related business.