TheRemote Camp Operations Manager is responsible for the overall performancemanagement of their assigned area of responsibility which will include bothFood Service and Housekeeping Departments. This Operations Manager will ensureNMS standards, policies and procedures are upheld, while building andmaintaining healthy, effective relationships with clients, customers andemployees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Thisposition provides management and oversight of an assigned group of remote campactivities.
- Function asa primary resource for NMS Food Service and Housekeeping employees withinassigned unit.
- Willfunction as a backup resource for other areas as requested.
- Responsiblefor delivering and tracking performance within assigned area to meet keyperformance indicators.
- Responsiblefor coaching and developing employees within their organization within theframework of formal coaching and succession planning.
- Responsiblefor advancing all elements of NMS performance excellence strategy in thecontext of continuous improvement.
- Responsiblefor facilitating and supporting a "One Team" relationship dynamic within theNMS organization.
- Directs andcoordinates the delivery of those NMS services as assigned.
- Developsand implements comprehensive business plans required by assigned activities.
- Establishesand implements an organized system of supervision and formal operatingprocedures.
- Ensures allassigned activities comply with sound business practices as well as NMS'sinternal and external business requirements.
- Monitorsand ensures compliance with all appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Meets withclients/customers to maintain business relationships, market products, andresolve problems and keep open all forms of communications.
- Leads,directs and communicates with staff to keep them informed and motivated.
- Ensuresthat the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all assignedemployees are defined and understood.
- Assigntasks to workers and inspects completed work for conformance to standards.
- Developsoperating budget and operates within that budget.
- Approvesassigned area's budget expenditures.
- Developsbid material and establishes cost and manpower templates for catering contractsfor new clients.
- Developsmenus and scope of work for bid proposals.
- Supports anactive and comprehensive safety and CI program.
- Consistentlydemonstrates remarkable skills in structuring assigned activities, managementteamwork, communications, and operational efficiencies, handling of changingbusiness needs, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Managesvarious subordinate Managers, Supervisors and assigned employees.
- Responsibilitiesinclude interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, anddirecting work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- This position is responsible for the supervision of staff.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- Atleast two (2) years of formal college training related to the business field(candidates without any college must have two (2) additional years of relatedmanagerial experience)
- Atleast seven (7) years of related service based, hospitality, food service,housekeeping, hotel or remote camp management experience that includes at leasttwo (2) years of significant overall supervisory responsibilities for adistinct business operation/enterprise.
- Reliableand dependable attendance in a remote setting.
- Must pass all pre-employment contract requirements which mayinclude but are not limited to: criminalbackground check, hair follicle drug test, physical and fit for dutyassessment and hearing test. Applicantsnot located near a testing facility are responsible for paying for travel tothe nearest testing facility.
- Must be able to live in dormitory style settings and meetcleanliness requirements of the remote camp.
- Must meet and adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations setforth by the company and client.
- Contract requires employees to read, write, speak and understandEnglish.
- Must be able to perform each of the essential duties listed abovewith a professional degree of competency.
- Requires a valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving recordfor the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS' vehicle insurance policy
- Proven success at managing multiple tasks, projects andsubordinates.
- Proficiency in planning and organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of profit attainment and profit growth.
- Strong ability to lead, build diverse teams and oversee training.
- Personal maturity and poise; the ability to remain composed underpressure, to make sound decisions, and to manage diversity.
- Personal drive and energy — a liking of challenges andopportunities to innovate.
- Must have intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applicationsand other web-based applications.
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles and current NMSaccounting policies.
- Strong communication skills, in both written and verbal forms.
Working Conditions and PhysicalRequirements
Weather:Indoors/Outdoors – Frequentlyexposed to arctic conditions.
Noise level:The noise level in the workenvironment is moderate to loud.
Description of environment:Remote camp setting.
Physical requirements: Fit ForDuty test
- Lift: Lift 25 lbs. fromfloor to knuckle x 2
- Lift: Lift 25 lbs. fromfloor to waist x 2
- Carry: Carry 25 lbs. withtwo hands for a minimum distance of 50feet x 2
- Kneel: Kneel on one kneeand stand. Return to kneel on opposite knee. Repeat alternate kneeling sequence x 5 for each knee, self-paced butcontinuous.
- Squat Test: Functionallysquat x 5, self-paced but continuous.
- Stairs: Climb up and down12 steps x 4 for a total of 48 steps using one hand to grasp a railing forsafety, self-paced.
- Stairs & Carry: Climbup and down 12 steps x 2 for a total of 24 steps while carrying 25 lbs. in onehand and using the other hand to grasp a railing for safety, self-paced.
- Allow a 30 second rest period after climbing up and down 12 stepswhile carrying.
- All tests must be performed within a safe target heart ratedetermined by the contract requirements.
Safetyguides our behavior.
Honestyand integrity govern our activities.
Commitmentsmade will be fulfilled.
Allindividuals are treated with dignity and respect.
Theenvironment will be protected and sustained.
EqualOpportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference