The Remittance Processing Operations Manager ensures the operational success of our receivable and payables Lockbox and Mail Operations processes. This manager is responsible for the daily performance of Treasury Operations lockbox processing including: Receivables Lockbox, Payables Lockbox, Remote Lockbox solutions, EBPP, and payment exchange vendor relationships
This manager employs and builds strong relationships with internal resources to mitigate disruption of services to our clients, and commits to an excellent client experience. This experienced team leader must have the ability to drive and implement transformational change within the Lockbox Division, while ensuring remittance payments process and meet the highest quality in service level agreements.
- Provides strong leadership and support promoting a high performance culture.
- Provides employee guidance and actively participate in development and mentoring of employees.
- Manages entire processing workflow, including Mailroom, Mail Extract/Prep, Scanning, Transmissions and QA in Houston, TX, Birmingham, AL and Sarasota, FL.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Ability to translate client intent into business requirements and process designs.
- Participate in the implementation and design of operational and policy service strategies, workflow processes, vendor reviews and operational standards.
- Act in a collaborative capacity with product, technology, sales, and service, for future product development.
- Ability to apply sound judgement and tact in the resolution of administrative, customer or management problems.
- Manage the effective implementation of new technologies.
- Ability to forecast future growth needs creating scalable operational shifts during peak seasons for all locations.
- Maintain a strong awareness and understanding of relevant industry trends, risks and practices as it relates to receivables and payables processing.
- Creates all monthly, quarterly and daily reporting metrics.
- Possess exceptional communication and relationship management skills (all levels of the organization: Business partners, executives, auditors, customers, employees).
Decision Making and Problem Solving Qualifications
- Candidate must have sound operations principles, pricing and problem resolution abilities
- Ability to effectively evaluate complex information and implement resolution
- Identifies client needs and ensures appropriate design, testing and validation to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates a high-level commitment to customer service.
- Acts with a sense of urgency to resolve any processing discrepancies.
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate change, both with employees and technical implementation (skilled in process re-engineering).
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field preferred
- 10+ years of relevant bank operations and or receivables processing experience with in-depth knowledge of lockbox, receivables, payables or operational workflow management required
- 3+ years of supervisory/management experience required
- CTP preferred, not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Advance level of computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office applications (preferable, experience with ImageScan or remittance processing software)
- Self-starter/motivator to deliver fast-paced results who enjoys being 'hands-on' in a high volume, fast paced work environment.