Since 2001, RealStreet has matched qualified candidates with their ideal opportunities in both the Federal and commercial environments. Founded and operated by management professionals, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies and Government customers. You have the talent, drive, and expertise - we have the right connections. Together we can help to build you a better career. Contact us today!
RealStreet is seeking an experienced and cleared Remedy Systems Administrator. The Remedy Systems Administrator will support a Government contractor, on site at U.S. Army Garrison Fort Lee, near Richmond, Virginia. They will support the ODH hosting development team, made up of GS and contractors, and will report to the IT Technical Lead. This team is responsible for the configuration, integration testing and maintenance of the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite, as well as its ongoing management, process development and upgrades. The Remedy Systems Administrator will also provide ongoing engineering and administrative support related to the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite as well as its ancillary system and network components.
Additional duties of the Remedy Systems Administrator include:
- Providing essential software support for laptops, desktop personal computers, and printers, including the configuration of hardware devices, testing of new software and design of network structure
- Monitoring the system configuration, including the server event log
- Testing the operating system software, networking software and the computer hardware
- Installing, managing and upgrading the servers
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving issues that arise with the systems
- Developing procedures
Relocation expenses will be considered.
Specific qualifications for the Remedy Systems Administrator include:
Clearance: Secret Clearance
Education: BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or otherEngineering or Technical discipline (3 additional years of applicable experience with appropriate certifications may be substituted for the degree)
Certifications & Accreditations:
- IAT II accreditation (or higher) preferred, 5+ years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of accreditation
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- SQL Server or equivalent certification is required within four months of engagement
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of BMC Remedy Action Request System (ARS), BMC Remedy ITSM application suite workflow
- 5+ years of project implementation experience with installations, code development, integrations, API's, testing/scripting, migrations, and production rollout
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, information security/authorization profiles, or system administration of Unix or Windowsnetworks/systems
- Ability to monitor system configurations, including the server event log
- Ability to test the operating system software, networking software and computer hardware.
- Server instillation, management and upgrade experience, including the monitoring and development of procedures for server backups
- 5+ years of Windows server administration experience
- 2+ years of SQL server administration
- 2+ years of experience using BMC Remedy ARSystem OR 2+ years of experience using IIS and SQL Server reporting services
RealStreet offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) with generous company match