The Senior Support Engineer is responsible for providing a high level expertise to support Remedy SaaS ( On Demand ) products for Enterprise customers.
The Job Scope includes trouble-shooting issues related to ITSM , CMDB , MYIT , SMART IT products on multiple operating systems, databases and networks, to provide a timely and accurate response to our customers.
Report and validate design defects and enhancement requests.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide Level-2 support for Remedy OnDemand operations.
- Respond to and resolve all customer technical issues (via phone, e-mail, web)
- Work with engineering team on customer escalations and help those fixing issues.
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain clear and concise ticket documentation with all required data and fields
- Escalate service requests and issues appropriately to engineering team.
- Exercise independent thought within defined procedures and practices
- Manage priorities and act on factors that create priorities
- Prepare for and support new products within technical area
- Generate Knowledge Base entries
- Night and Weekend on call support on rotational basis
- This is 24* 7 operations support so flexibility to work in different US time zones would be required
- This position is in Houston and person needs to work from BMC’s Houston office
- BS degree or equivalent degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer handling skills
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Overall experience of 10 years in IT industry
- Strong experience of at least one of the BMC products like ITSM , AR Server MyIT, SmartIT, Smart Reporting is must
- Knowledge and understanding of BMC-Remedy Products.
- Experience with administration of Windows and Linux operating system
- Familiarity with HTML, XML, Java (runtime)
- Database experience, specifically MS SQL
- Directory Service/LDAP, specifically Active Directory
- Networking Experience: working knowledge of TCP/IP, SNMP, firewall, proxy, etc.