The Remediation Project Manager is responsible for managing remediation and redeployment projects within the North American zone of the Environmental Remediation Function.
Responsibilities include: milestone planning, scope development and change, forecasting, reporting spending against
forecasted budget, development and updating of project provisions, new provisions, development of
basis documentation, preparation for financial audits, communicating progress to senior management
and reporting spending and provision levels. Projects are located throughout the country; however, a
principal activity will be to oversee and lead, with the assistance of internal and external experts, the
West Deptford and Marshallton remediation projects (scale is > $10,000,000).
The role includes facilitating the project team process, collaborating with technical, legal, finance,
governmental affairs, communications, engineering (GEC), external consultants, and GBU team
members, presenting to senior zone and group management, and executing project plans. The role is
also to serve as a liaison between the company and government oversight officials. As need arises,
the role will involve providing support for due diligence activities related to acquisitions and
Education and Experience
- Graduate level engineer/geologist or equivalent (extensive experience may be substituted for graduate degree).
- Experience in remediation management within a chemical industry setting.
- Minimum 10 years related experience, Ideally some business (multi-functional collaborative) experience
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of remediation technology/regulations/emerging issues pertaining to the chemical industry.
- Knowledge of real estate (in terms of brownfields) transactions helpful.
- Safety and compliance mindset.
- Technical and project management to develop a long term sustainable site continuity or reuse solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects/issues simultaneously and independently.
- Depending on the need, ability to motivate and lead or collaboratively work with multi-disciplined, results orientated teams.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate and negotiate with external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Resilient in a transparent and challenging setting.
Project management – utilize project management tools and procedures
- Budget, forecast cash flow, provision justification, and control resource allocations to ensure delivery throughout the duration of a project.
- Manage project scope and adjustments including impact of regulatory changes.
- In collaboration with the project team and technical group leader create and execute the project plan.
- Prepare detailed internal reports on specific projects as required, including forecasting (cash flow) and provision adjustments.
- Financial – forecast and budget preparation
- Deliver appropriate budgetary and financial targets.
- Budget and control resource requirements; balancing short term and long term objectives for duration of a project.
- Manage projects for target forecast and cash flow.
Regulatory – ensure internal and external expectations are met through:
- Oversight and leadership of project objectives.
- Providing appropriate inputs to cleanup plans, remediation strategies, technical support contracts and site related agreements
- Prepare forward looking reports for projects. These reports should include – progress against milestones, key issues and actions to resolve in the coming month.
- Prepare detailed internal reports on specific projects as required.