At Woodard & Curran, there’s nothing we love more than complicated engineering challenges. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
Who we are looking for:
This technical Practice Leader position provides a unique opportunity to join the leadership team of one of the more exciting and fast-growing firms in the industry. This position focuses on advancing the capabilities and market exposure of our national remediation engineering technical practice. As a Practice Leader, your primary focus is to understand technical approaches, markets and drivers in the environmental remediation engineering practice and connect these drivers to both our industry leading remediation technical staff and our sales focused team members. This includes understanding the technical expertise needed to capture the market and understanding current and required marketplace credibility, both externally and internally among Woodard & Curran’s Senior Client Manager. Your performance will be measured by technical leadership of our people and by support to sales/client managers for Practice specific sales goals. Further, you will support marketplace teams across Woodard & Curran’s geographies and advance our remediation engineering Community of Practice.
We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial leader with a diverse project execution background to lead our Environmental Remediation Engineering Practice. This practice focuses on site remediation at complex industrial project sites. The ideal candidate will have strong track record of leadership of a similar practice and leadership roles in professional organizations and/or conferences (such as the SURF and the Battelle, AEHS, RemTec, etc. conferences).
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to lead and drive the remediation engineering technical expertise, sales and business management of environmental remediation consulting services for a well-established, national environmental consulting firm.
- Leadership opportunities through national visibility in the market place, speaking engagements, publication opportunities, and client interactions and account development.
- Flexible work environment and competitive benefits.
- Strong bonus potential.
- Opportunity for stock ownership.
- Relocation assistance.
What you will be doing at Woodard & Curran:
- Perform in leadership role for the planning and implementation of remediation engineering projects and related roles outlined in the Overview.
- Work with Woodard & Curran’s sales and marketing team to develop annual budget and strategies for expanding our market share and broadening the services offered to our existing clients.
- Conduct marketplace technical capability differentiation by making national and regional-level technical publications & presentations and serve in professional technical leadership positions in outside organizations to increase Woodard & Curran market visibility.
- Identify technical drivers and client business needs for growth across markets and work with Clients/Client Managers/Business Development Leaders to pursue opportunities in these areas.
- Identify growth areas for staff within the remediation engineering Practice across our national geographies and markets.
- Advise and or assist in the development of major proposals and large, impact projects based on technical expertise.
- Work with Practice staff to set technical direction or review scope on significant projects in Practice area.
- Maintain an internal knowledge sharing feed within the Community of Practice.
- Support various technical initiatives to grow Practice and create opportunity for technical managers and related staff.
- Develop annual budget for technical development needs (for example, training & Software) for practice.
- Coordinate with Company Leadership on planned expansion of the Practice resources to meet the identified market demands.
- Prepare Strategic Plan for practice.
- Annual business planning for practice.
What you need to succeed:
- National environmental remediation engineering leader with proven ability to understand and articulate issues that impact the success of site remediation engineering practices
- Minimum of 15 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the execution and management in the marketplace.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field from accredited program. Professional practice license (PE), remediation state licensure (LSRP/LSP/LEP) and MS/PhD. preferred.
- National experience in the environmental and/or engineering consulting business including experience in program and project management and remediation engineering project execution preferred.
- Strong desire to grow an organization and the ability to motivate others.
- Network of potential professional teaming partners, specialty sub-consultants, and industry experts; excellent reputation within the industry.
- Understanding of the business development cycle related specifically to the consulting business, including campaign management, proposal writing and development, and development of oral interview strategy and materials.