$100K — $150K *
A promoter of sustainable mobility, Alstom designs and offers systems, equipment and services for the transport sector. Alstom offers a full range of solutions (from high-speed trains to metros, trams and e-buses), personalized services (maintenance, modernization, etc.) as well as offers dedicated to passengers, infrastructure solutions, digital mobility and signaling. Alstom is positioned as a world leader in integrated transport systems. In 2018/19, the company achieved a turnover of 8.1 billion euros and recorded orders of 12.1 billion euros. Alstom, headquartered in France, is present in more than 60 countries and currently employs 36,300 people.
With growing activities in Canada to meet the growing demand for sustainable transport, Alstom is looking for motivated candidates who will help us leverage our expertise and apply it locally. We have the energy and spirit of a start-up with the foundations of a world-class multinational company that encourages collaboration, entrepreneurship, creativity and respect for the environment. Our employee offering includes career development opportunities and broad internal mobility prospects across the world.
Our most recent project is the Metropolitan Express Network (REM). REM will be the fourth largest automated transportation system in the world when completed and is also the largest public transit project in Quebec from the Montreal metro. The future integrated network will link downtown Montreal, the south and north shores, the west of the island and the airport.
This position is intended to be transferred to a separate entity in the form of a general partnership (“Partnership”) which will be held by SNC-Lavalin O&M inc. and Alstom Transport Inc.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the REM facilities. The “REM installations” are the buildings of the 26 stations and the 2 maintenance centers as well as the areas around the stations (access, parking lots, vegetated areas). In addition, the manager will also be responsible for the management and maintenance of the landing door system as well as the management, maintenance and regulatory inspections of structures (bridges and tunnels) throughout the network.
The mission includes the maintenance of electromechanical equipment of buildings such as air conditioning-heating, fire detection, elevators and escalators. The mission also includes the daily cleaning of public areas and passenger vehicles, landscaping, snow removal, filling sand pits and train fluids as well as regulatory inspections on engineering structures.
The facility manager ensures the management of his team (installation technicians and daily maintenance and electro-mechanical maintenance team) and ensures that the Group's commercial performance objectives are respected.
During the first two years in office, the Facilities Manager will have the mandate to build his team (more than 90 employees). Its functions will then be called upon to evolve rapidly according to the major stages of the REM project in order to be fully able to exercise its maintenance role when the REM is commissioned in 2021.
The main responsibilities ...
- Develop and validate the maintenance and upkeep plans (stations, depots and vehicles) in order to meet the project objectives and high quality standards;
- Analysis of the proposed changes and determine their impact on the service contract according to its different specialties;
- Build and lead the facility maintenance team to provide safe and high quality service, in line with passenger service level requirements and all performance targets for service availability and quality;
- Ensure compliance of the maintenance plan with safety standards and policies and maintain a healthy and safe work environment through a proactive and solution-oriented approach;
- Coordinate and monitor maintenance activities (technical controls, site safety, budget control, etc.) and monitor them in the management and maintenance system;
- Ensure the preparation of plans according to the needs of the project (maintenance strategy, maintenance plan for stations and buildings, winter maintenance plan, cleanliness plan, maintenance plan for maintenance vehicles, etc.);
- Carry out checks (audits) of infrastructures (stations, buildings, platform doors and structures) under his responsibility in order to detect anomalies, plan and organize repair or replacement work in accordance with standards, specifications and methods approved, on time;
- Assess the condition of the assets, with the management responsible for managing the maintenance of assets, in order to establish the maintenance plan for the infrastructures under its responsibility;
- Participate in the drafting of contracts (quotes) for building maintenance activities and participate in the evaluation of service providers in collaboration with the procurement department;
- Ensure that service contracts are awarded to selected external suppliers (maintenance of escalators, elevators, etc.) on time and monitor the quality of these services;
- Collaborate with the technical teams for plan reviews and various projects related to the systems under his responsibility or directly or indirectly related to his responsibility.
- Work in close collaboration with the entire Group;
- Execute the annual plan of operations, including effective management of the annual budget;
- All other related tasks.
Requirements and skills
- College diploma in civil, electrical, electromechanical engineering or a related discipline;
- Minimum experience of 5 years in building maintenance;
- Experience on electro-mechanical equipment;
- Knowledge of civil engineering work;
- Experience in OSH management;
- Management experience in a customer-focused operational environment;
- Experience in maintenance of buildings open to the public - an asset
- Member of the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) - An asset;
- Demonstrated skills in managing a large team;
- Autonomy, rigor and versatility;
- Communication skills (French + English) - Oral and written;
- Travel: be available to travel occasionally throughout the REM;
- Flexibility: a certain flexibility in the work schedule may possibly be required
Position based in downtown Montreal then in Brossard (near the DIX 30 district) from 2021
Valid through: 11/23/2020