About JLL –
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions.
We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 80,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4 billion square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
We are currently seeking a Relocation Project Manager to join our Public Institutions Group in Washington, DC.
About Public Institutions: Jones Lang LaSalle’s Public Institutions group identifies and implements strategies that allow public sector organizations to fully leverage their real property in close alignment with their organizational missions. Our west coast practice has grown rapidly over the past decade and is an industry leader in providing complex development advisory services to public agencies and higher education, with a specialty in public private partnerships.
What this job involves?
- Review, revise, reconcile and verify invoices within the timeframe specified by accounting
- Review and approve line item timesheet entries of all team members for proper charging to projects
- Follow-up with client on delinquent payment of invoices with a goal of zero 60+ day accounts receivables
- Prepare/update project status reports, process purchase orders and invoices, update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
- Assure completeness of all JLL internal and client project administrative close-out activities
- Manage all relocation activities on account or for specific projects; incorporating and creating “best practices” as possible
- Ensure all relocation activities are performed in a manner consistent with documented processes and in accordance with the client’s and JLL's policies and procedures
- Ensure operations manual is in place and updated (on account)
- Provide a single point of contact for all relocation project activities for client, regularly update client with updates to scope, schedule, and budget as necessary
- Facilitate and document project meetings with internal staff and key stakeholders to ensure responsibilities are communicated and understood by all concerned.
- Participate in planning meetings hosted by the client, Occupancy Planning and other key stakeholders
- Develop and implement relocation project plan and budget through collaboration with the facility manager, project manager and construction manager; as required Procure and manage move labor, including vendor/contractor RFP, bidding process, evaluate proposals and recommend selection of vendor/contractor
- Manage supporting suppliers (technology, telephony, furniture, etc.)
- Perform data input into the CAFM system to maintain occupancy information
- Develop and deliver required project specific reporting, and BI surveys
- Coordinate schedule, budget and scope as necessary with various service providers (IT, VTS, Construction and Associate Relocations and Furniture Installation contractor, etc.)
- Determine the pricing for any non-baseline work requested (i.e. construction-related needs, furniture reconfigurations, people relocations that exceed baseline parameters, etc.)
Sound like you? Before you apply, it’s also worth knowing what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution, preferred in Accounting, Business, Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, or Construction Management strongly preferred.
- Recommended Experience
- 4 - 6 years of facility, project or construction related experience in a Corporate Real Estate environment.
- Background in project management, construction management, architecture or project strategy planning is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years as Relocation Manager or related experience.
- Recommended Certifications/Licenses
- PMP, CFM, NCIDQ, LEED, OSHA 10 (Required)
Skilled and Knowledgeable
- Proficient in Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic work environment
- Understand and adopt behaviors of the client culture; supervise JLL project team in following the same behavior
- Exhibit strong verbal communication skills at all levels of the client organization and across the extended project team
- Able to communicate all available products and service offerings of JLL. Contributes to the development of new product and service delivery ideas for the business unit.