Relocation Project Manager
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 05/22/18
San Antonio, TX
Less than 5 years experience
Real Estate & Construction
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 05/22/18
Project Administration and Reporting
- Set up project files, folders and templates at start of project, using Best Practices; maintain the folder through out the project
- Develop and maintain project specific reporting to client
- Maintain records in a manner that protects client and JLL confidentiality
- Keep track of project hours and forecast utilization relative to assignment
- Complete JLL internal and client project close-out
- Plan and manage successfully relocations up to 1,000 people
- Manage the majority of a project by self and/or supervise additional staff
- Ensure client satisfaction throughout the relocation management process
- Ensure all relocation management activities are performed in a manner consistent with documented processes and in accordance with the client’s and JLL's policies and procedures
- Develop and implement relocation project plan, schedule and budget through collaboration with the facility, project and construction managers and adhere to it
- Develop and maintain project schedule in client's preferred format
- Perform data input into the CAFM system to maintain occupancy information
- Ensure data accuracy within move management and CAFM systems
- Ensure compliance with all key performance indicators
- Meet assigned financial targets
- Receive and process client move requests
- Provide a single point of contact for all move management activities
- Participate in planning meetings hosted by the client, Occupancy Planning and other key stakeholders
- Establish relocation project goals and objectives, making changes where necessary to ensure desired project results
- Prepare/update project status reports, review invoices and ensure timely payment, update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
- Prepare various RFP’s & level for vendor and contractor services for the complete project.
- Procure and manage move labor, including vendor/contractor bidding process, evaluate proposals and recommend selection of vendor/contractor
- Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner
- Incorporate “best practices” into relocation projects
- Initiate and manage meetings to review move schedules with move vendors and key stakeholders;
- Manage supporting suppliers (technology, telephony, furniture, etc.)
- Evaluate vendors to ensure compliance with the standards of performance
- Ensure all project initiation, execution and closeout documentation are complete
- Manage work order and small project management, including but not limited to furniture reconfigurations and space enhancements
- Coordinate with various service providers (IT, VTS, Construction and Associate Relocations and Furniture Installation contractor) to determine the appropriate date(s) for implementation and communicate those dates (via E-mail, project schedule, WCR System notification, etc.);
- Determine the pricing for any non-baseline work requested (i.e. construction-related needs, furniture reconfigurations, people relocations that exceed baseline parameters, etc.)
- Plan, schedule and implement relocations, providing the main client contact with scheduled dates, move instructions, and move orientations for large groups as required.
- Provide move signage, general move directions, and be present on campus or at the move site, available to answer questions and resolve post-move issues.
Client Communication and Management
- Understand client protocols and develop communication appropriate to the client environment
- Communicate actively during meetings and other project related speaking situations with a focus on delivering the project on-time, on budget and meeting the clients expectations
- Manage written documentation and ensure that all deliverables are accurate and on schedule
- Project confidence and reinforce client trust in the skills and knowledge of the team
- Maintain an understanding of concerns and challenges facing the client and end-user and assist in reducing stress level caused by change and upcoming relocation
People Management, Leadership, and Teamwork
- Work independently; anticipate upcoming required project tasks and initiate activities for self and others
- Lead and/or contribute in an internal activity or group focused on improvement of specialty skill or knowledge
- Guide JLL Relocation project team with constructive feedback on project deliverables
- Exhibit enthusiasm and positive attitude with clients and peers
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution, preferred in Accounting, Business, Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, or Construction Management strongly preferred.
Years of relevant experience
- 3 - 4 years of facility, project or construction related experience in a Corporate Real Estate environment.
- Background in project management, construction management, architecture or project strategy planning is desirable.