Assists in the operation of assigned pharmacy which includes providing exceptional customer service and efficiency in processing prescriptions. Monitors patients to insure therapeutic outcomes and minimize adverse drug effects. Consults patients in a professional manner to ensure patient understanding of drug therapy plans and outcomes. Helps to ensure location compliance to all local, state, federal laws, and company policies and procedures. Participates in developing open communications between store staff and pharmacy department so as to improve morale, awareness of company programs, and support of company objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Degree in Pharmacy required (B.S. or PharmD).
Licensed pharmacist in state where working.
- Knowledge of laws governing OTC drugs, pharmacy products and third party plans.
- Knowledge Pharmacy Policy & Procedure Procedures.
- High degree of initiative and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete work with a minimum of supervision under rigid time constraints.
- Customer relations skills including meeting customer needs and establishing an exceptional service environment.
- Demonstrates sound business ethics.
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize work.
- Interpersonal skills including building relationships and conflict resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to effectively understand customers and employees’ inquiries.
- Ability to work different schedules to meet store and customer needs.
- Must have State-issued license for Pharmacist in state where working.
- Immunization Certificate as required.