New Orleans, LA
Not Specified years
Posted 180 days ago
We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
This job compounds and dispenses medications and pharmaceutical supplies upon receipt of written, electronic or oral prescriptions from physicians or other qualified practitioners. Oversees the day-to-day activities of the technical and clerical pharmacy staff and, when the manager is absent, also serves as the manager on duty, and makes professionally appropriate decisions. Works with the clinical staff to manage the complex drug therapies of Specialty Medication and Transplant patients. Provides drug information and patient education to physicians, patients and other health care workers and maintains all minimum standards as designated by the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy.
Required - Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D)
Required - Experience working with standard pharmacy and office equipment.
Experience working in a Retail / Community Pharmacy.
Required - Licensed to practice pharmacy in the State of Louisiana, or eligibility for licensure
Louisiana Board of Pharmacy Medication Administration Certificate
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
• Provides immunizations.
• Provides medication therapy management.
• Compounds and/or dispenses medications and other extemporaneous products for outpatients, while also reviewing, interpreting and clarifying prescriptions for accuracy.
• Provides information on drugs, their characteristics, dosages, indications, adverse reactions, etc. to medical staff.
• Oversees technical and clerical staff on a day to day basis as required in the preparations and delivery of medications.
• Actively participates in the planning and development of new projects and assists in developing / updating departmental policies and procedures.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge and ensure all licensures and certifications are up-to-date.
• Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.