Purpose of Role
The Reliability Manager reports to the Site Manager with a functional dotted line reporting relationship to the Mars Petcare Corporate Engineering Director.
This position utilizes sound people management, technical problem solving and project management skills to preserve and maintain the factory's infrastructure, utilities and equipment. It requires adherence to global maintenance best practices, including continuous improvement and total productive maintenance (TPM).
Must provide technical solutions for plant issues along with managing the storeroom to achieve department objectives. This position manages both internal and external resources to support activities on the site.
This position also actively participates and contributes to the success of area continuous improvement teams, factory Mars operating system (FMOS) and underpins the site security, safety, and environmental programs.
Continuous improvement is a critical aspect of this role. It will be accomplished through developing and maintaining a technical group that utilizes all continuous improvement analytical tools (RCA, PDCA, etc.) to increase factory rates and utilization.
- Conversion. Actively participate and collaborate with all functional areas to properly maintain and improve the plant assets to deliver metrics (Quality, Safety, Plant Service Level (PSL), TRS, productivity, waste reduction, etc.) within the assigned area.
- Change Agent - Acting as the catalyst, identify opportunities for site technical or operations improvement, gain acceptance of the need for change and lead the implementation of the agreed upon changes.
- Associate Advocacy - Effectively manage direct reports to ensure global maintenance best practices are being implemented and adhered to. Ensure that each direct report has results-based objectives, timely performance reviews, and appropriate development plans. Ensure that each maintenance associate has the necessary skills and tools to meet their job expectations. Develop a robust plan for skills enhancement for all maintenance associates. Drive team engagement through conducting impact sessions/follow-ups, as well as ensuring all team members have robust development plans.
- Technology Advancement – Site technical champion for commissioning, validating and start-up (CVS) of all new capital projects. Ensure involvement of all maintenance associates in the CVS process. First point of contact for all engineering projects.
- Area Strategy - Manage Maintenance costs to ensure adherence to the existing budget. Provide timely and accurate maintenance cost analysis to ensure the budgeting process is accurate and meets the business requirements. Participate in all site projects to ensure that safety, reliability, maintainability, and cost effectiveness requirements are delivered. Key stakeholder in identifying and prioritizing site capital needs. Write, justify, submit and execute site capital projects as approved. Provide Safety, Security, and Environmental advice/counsel to site staff regarding issues which may have an impact on the site.
- Operations Strategy – Align with operations partner(s), providing key maintenance requirements including shutdowns and mandatory down-time requirements, to ensure overall equipment effectiveness and support of site operations objectives (ATS, TRS, FPG, etc)
- Personal Development – Actively participate in the Mars associate development process to remain current in managerial and technical competencies both within and outside Mars Petcare US. Clearly define and develop career goals and objectives.
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Predictive Maintenance
- Preventative Maintenance
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Asset Conservation
- Risk Assessment
- Root Cause Failure Analysis Tools
- An undergraduatedegree or equivalent, preferably in one of the Engineering, basic sciences or business related disciplines.
- 7-10 years experience in a Manufacturing Environment in a Maintenance capacity
- 3 years experience in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Control
- Working knowledge of Electrical Systems
- Working knowledge of Mechanical Systems
- Working knowledge of compressed air system and components
- Working knowledge of boilers
- Working knowledge of Preventative Maintenance Programs and Systems
- Ability to convey communications clearly and concisely
- Successful completion of a drug and background screen
- Proven ability to participate on cross-functional teams at the site and corporate levels.
- In-depth knowledge of critical utility systems (steam, air, water, electricity).
- Experience with Reading Electrical Blue Prints (flow diagrams, P&ID’s, schematics)
- Highly developed understanding and proven experience in all aspects of safety in the work-place.
- Minimum 1 yearexperience in a food production environment
- Minimum 7 years in a Production Environment
- Minimum 5 years in a supervisory or managerial role
- Cross-Functional Managerial experience (operations, HR, Engineering, etc)
- Proven Project Managementexperience
- Experience with planning and managing a site's maintenance budget.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, internet software, e-mail.
- Ability to work any shift as needed
- Ability to tolerate an ambiguous environment.
- Working knowledge of OSHA/EPA requirements and related guidelines.
- Working knowledge of Lock Out Tag Out Procedures
- Working knowledge of property protection insurance requirements.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 182469