What will be expected from you?
With minimal supervision and much decision-making:
- Drives efficiency in the PNO PU maintenance work flow process to reduce costs to maintain reliable assets.
- Leads the PNO-PU Reliability Team in the areas of Loss Elimination, Risk Management, Life Cycle Asset Management and Preventive and Predictive Maintenance programs of the unit. The function develops and guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety and environmental systems. Provides production with analyses of assets including utilization, equipment effectiveness, useful life, reliability and costs of assets.
- Oversees and participates in the development of engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant manufacturing operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
- Works with project engineering and technical management to ensure the reliability and maintain ability of new and modified installations. Participates by providing criteria for the evaluation of equipment and technical MRO suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
- Protect the Company's intellectual property and is aware of patents relevant to development programs, compliance with all secrecy agreements, and proactive initiation of intervention reports and patent applications.
- Is directly responsible for the coaching and mentoring of subordinates and for the retention of technical team members. Work with the HR Partner assure team members are compensated correctly, and have a positive working environment.
- Participates in budgeting activities, reviews costs and expenses and strives for continuous improvement in the unit's the operating costs. Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/re-design, and make/buy decisions.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering is required
- 10+ yearsreliability/maintenance experience in a petrochemical or refining facility
- 5+ years of reliability and/or maintenance supervisory experience in a petrochemical or refining facility
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
- Able to monitor the manufacturing areas 24/7 including areas that require climbing ladders and accessing scaffolding.
- Requires a broad knowledge of engineering principles governing petrochemical operations. Must have experience (10+years) in the chemical industry with extensive background in plant operations and equipment. Possess the ability to coordinate the activities of operations personnel in all matters necessary to run in a safe environmentally compliant reliable and efficient manner.
- Must have high technical and analytical abilities to handle operational problems and plant compliance concerns with quick diagnosis and prompt decisions. Must have the ability to motivate and influence people. Good communication and diplomacy skills as this position will work with employees at all levels of the organization.