Reliability Lab Technician
- Job Number: 112983255
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 06-Sep-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Come join a dedicated team of Reliability and Test Engineers who every day use our combined skills and expertise to ensure Apple's current and future products are of the highest standard of reliability and quality for our customers. As a ReliabilityLab Technician you will bring your imaginative, practical, collaborative, and comprehensive skills and experiences to support research of Reliability Engineers by conducting experiments that will include set up of test equipment, assembling test fixtures, test data collection, and analysis reporting. You will be a key member of a team solving interesting technical challenges of Apple’s products and modules.
- Experience operating and troubleshootingmechanical and electronic equipment in a lab environment.
- Knowledge of hand tools and electronic measurement equipment such as a digital multimeter.
- Adept at using creative and innovative thinking to solve problems.
- Skilled in testing, troubleshooting, and data analysis skills.
- Collaborate with other team members as well as work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion to provide accurate data with attention to detail.
- Ability to complete assigned work requests and manage multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge of sensors such as thermocouples, strain gauges and accelerometers.
- Experience with photography and high-speed video equipment.
- Experience using Apple hardware and software (OS X and iOS).
ReliabilityLab Technicians are responsible for performing tests and documenting results in our secured-facility test labs. Test results may be reviewed at an executive level and have an impact on the final design of future products. The test lab is a fast-paced, hands-on work environment where technicians are expected to be self-motivated and able to handle multiple assignments. Some of the tests may be repetitive in nature, but reliable and consistent data reporting is required to ensure product integrity. Applicants should have a solid grasp of physics and electronics and be able to utilize creativity, common sense, and technical skills to solve complex problems. Technicians will need to scrutinize each test setup and test procedure then give their feedback or suggestions for improvements. Candidates should exhibit clear and concise oral and written communication skills and the ability to present data cleanly. Knowledge of Apple hardware and software, and a passion for the brand are highly desirable.
A degree in electronics, chemistry, physics, or engineeringpreferred