Cree is looking to add a Reliability Improvement Scientist to our Fab team. The primary focus of this position is to drive improved product quality through the entire LED Chips manufacturing process (epitaxial growth, wafer fabrication, and package/test). You will interface with external customers through the RMA process and during launch of new products, new technologies, and new processes to customers. You will lead efforts to solve reliability escapes for released products. A successful candidate will combine customer feedback and inline testing results with a strong semiconductor background to identify root cause and drive solutions into production.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Chance to work with all levels of a global organization
- High visibility in a $1+ billion company
- Drive revenue by ensuring customer satisfaction
What can you do for Cree?
- Lead the effort to drive reliability escapes to 0 PPM.
- Take leadership role to establish relationships between multiple manufacturing sites and engineering departments to drive corrective actions tied to quality improvements
- Present technical data and appropriate sensitive information to customers and internal management describing project status and improvement plans
- Direct and review failure analysis; interpret root cause
- Analyze data using sound statistical methodology to drive improvements and recommendations to operations of process engineering
- Travel occasionally to various manufacturing sites and customer facilities to drive quality improvement and customer satisfaction
- Lead and facilitate cross functional teams to ramp next generation products. This includes coordinating activities among the various LED Chips engineering departments.
- Interface with marketing, process, R&D, and reliabilityengineering to drive quality initiatives and maintain best in class outgoing quality
- MS or PhD in Electrical, Chemical, Materials Science, or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years recent experience as a Product, Process, or Integration Engineer in a semiconductor environment
- Understanding of semiconductor processes and equipment in fabrication and testing
- Proficient at technical writing and presenting
- >3 years work experience as a Product, Process, or Integration Engineer or Scientist in a semiconductor environment
- Hands on manufacturing and semiconductor device experience.
- Experience reviewing destructive and non-destructive failure analysis results
- Data manipulation with SQL, JMP, MS Access, or similar database and analysis software
- Ability to effectively interface with and influence people of different backgrounds and at every level of the organization
- Track record of effective problem-solving, good engineering judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong self-motivation and project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Drive to produce results in a timely fashion and have strong sense of competitive urgency
- Willing and able to travelinternationally (2-3 times / year)