L-3 Communication Systems-West is seeking a Reliability FRACAS Engineer to be responsible for evaluating and improving the Reliability of Department of Defense (DoD) communications equipment. This position is primarily responsible for development, support and management of the FRACAS (Failure Reporting Analysis & Corrective Action System) process for specific electronic communications products. This will primarily focus on identifying failure trends in a complex electronic, low volume environment working towards improved reliability of our products.
- Engineer will also perform reliability predictions, derating analysis, detailed circuit analysis, Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis(FMECA) etc.
- Engineer will work in a multi-disciplined engineering development environment and will be required to manage time and resources to support multiple concurrent programs.
- Engineer will prepare and present technical data in customer reviews.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineeing or an Engineering equivalent is required. Preference will be given to Electrical Engineering Degrees.
- Applicant must have excellent skills in MS Office, be capable and willing to expand their knowledgebase and skills as required, and have strong math skills especially probability and statistics.
- Applicant must be self-motivated and able to manage and complete their projects within budget and schedule restraints.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience performing Reliability and FRACAS specific analysis and activities.
- A strong background in data mining using Business Objects and SQL is a plus.
- Due to the nature of our work this position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.