Job Title: Reliability Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Waterloo, IA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Performs basic product design, testing and/or analysis work for a defined portion of a project. Operates in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews.
- Develops recommendations within established guidelines; work and decisions are reviewed by supervisors before implementation.
- Applies existing applications to routine problems.
- Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Learns and applies company engineering policies and practices; learns company products.
- Executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
Required Skill Set:
- Position will conduct warranty investigations to identify unresolved failure modes. Will also review warranty claims and provide analysis. Facilitate design reviews and risk management activities to reduce the risk in product designs prior to production.
- Manager prefers candidates with experience in Reliability Engineering. Willing to consider candidates with 1 or more year?s experience working as a Quality Engineer
- 1 or more years?experience with FMEA
- Must have advanced experience with Excel (Pivot tables) and prefer programming experience with Visual Basic, SQL and R.
- Ag equipment understanding/experience is a plus
- What You?ll Do As a Reliability engineer for John Deere Waterloo Works in Waterloo, Iowa, you will support warranty continuous improvement processes as well as support product development.
In addition, you will:
- Conduct warranty investigations to identify unresolved failure modes
- Create analysis to quantify severity/cost of issues ? Evaluate the effectiveness of implemented solutions
- Generate reports to enable engineering and business teams? to understand their performance and where gaps to goal exist
- Facilitate design reviews and risk management activities to identify & drive reduction of risk in product designs and processes prior to production What It Takes We need an excellent communicator, who thrives in solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Manufacturing discipline or equivalent work experience. In addition, we require:
- Experience in the use of and applying quality tools such as FMEA (Failure Modes Effect Analysis), and Root Cause Analysis.
- Experience with 8D corrective action process.
- Interest in performing analytics on large data sets
- Advanced capability in Excel, desire programing experience (Visual basic, SQL, R)
- Basic capability in statistics A strong candidate will have experience/background in one or more of the following:
- ASQ (American Society for Quality) certification: CRE, CQE, SSGB, or SSBB
- Experience with Ag equipment applications
- Experience in a product design or product test
- Experience utilizing Reliasoft software package
- Data analytics experience